• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

akilana

International 12th Man
Maybe Faf has been unfairly targeted but so what. We'be still won the series.

But I do think it's rich that Australians are saying us Saffas are whiners when about twenty pages of this thread was taken up by posters bemoaning the injustice of the Smith LBW in Perth.
Time to move on

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I have always wondered about these match fee fines. Is it the match fee that is subsidised by the ICC for the countries playing in a test match? Or is it the overall match fee from sponsors, country, match?

Marius

International Debutant
Apropos of nothing remember that time Shane Warne was banned for taking drugs but he said his mother had given him weight loss pills because he was a fatty.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. I don't remember a heap of Australian supporters saying he was awfully hard done by when he copped his ban though.

Marius

International Debutant
Yeah. I don't remember a heap of Australian supporters saying he was awfully hard done by when he copped his ban though.
Fair enough.

For the record, I think Faf got what he deserved, and I wouldn't have been particularly upset if he copped a one game ban.

Faf's biggest problem was that he broke the 11th Commandment, to be honest.

Spark

Global Moderator
We're probably gonna get owned again, but the simple fact that we have a bunch of newbies in the side means I'm actually really looking forward to this.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Interesting to see how this match pans out in terms of the day/night test cricket appeal. I feel like it's lost a little momentum. Any plans to play it in SA? I understand it's not going to work so well in England and Subcontinent...

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We're probably gonna get owned again, but the simple fact that we have a bunch of newbies in the side means I'm actually really looking forward to this.
I`m not so convinced of that, young newbies quite often have something to prove and also have some belligerence about them... other than the fact that Warner is still scary I am still waiting for that Starc spell that could rip apart the SA middle order. Bavuma and QDK keep getting us out of real trouble, can`t keep expecting that of them and our batting is still fragile. The only thing that SA really have over Aus is that we have 3 real quality pacemen over the 2 in Aus (Starc Hazelwood)

Interesting to see how this match pans out in terms of the day/night test cricket appeal. I feel like it's lost a little momentum. Any plans to play it in SA? I understand it's not going to work so well in England and Subcontinent...
No plans yet... thing is Wanderers, Newlands and Kingsmead get pretty good attendance, problems are places like St Georges, and the lights at the ground are not up to international level. There is some talk about starting it at FC level... but we shall see.

Marius

International Debutant
The chairman of the selectors, Linda Zondi, said he's keen for some of our FC games to be played under lights.

I think there will definitely be appetite for it in SA. Lots of guys will pop down to the ground to watch the last session after work of a Test I reckon.

Marius

International Debutant
I`m not so convinced of that, young newbies quite often have something to prove and also have some belligerence about them... other than the fact that Warner is still scary I am still waiting for that Starc spell that could rip apart the SA middle order. Bavuma and QDK keep getting us out of real trouble, can`t keep expecting that of them and our batting is still fragile. The only thing that SA really have over Aus is that we have 3 real quality pacemen over the 2 in Aus (Starc Hazelwood)

No plans yet... thing is Wanderers, Newlands and Kingsmead get pretty good attendance, problems are places like St Georges, and the lights at the ground are not up to international level. There is some talk about starting it at FC level... but we shall see.
Centurion would also be an excellent option for a D/N Test.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I don't know why hb, Black_Warrior and AZH are repeatedly saying the aussie media are trying to distract people from the team's performance. It doesn't make any sense, because they absolutely love tearing into the Australian team when they do poorly. This Faf thing is just them trying to blow things out of proportions for Teh Controversy. Media gonna media. Doubt theyre trying to take anyone's attention away from how **** Australia are.
To be honest it has taken quite a bit of focus off the team.

Now that they've gone and announced so many changes, there is a bit of a "job done, lets move on to something else" from the media about the coverage of the Australian team. And this has been perfect for them, allows them to pat their own egos, talk about "cheating" while carrying on like peanuts.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yep. Only the great men lead from the front and tamper (Imran, Faf, Kohli) while the pussies assign the dirty duties to others (Cook, Smith).
Thought Cook was renowned for being one of the main ball carers for the England team, as he hardly sweats.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As said by many an Australian before MCG in the 2010/11 Ashes.
I'm not so convinced of that, young newbies quite often have something to prove and also have some belligerence about them... other than the fact that Ponting is still scary I am waiting for that Johnson spell that could rip apart the Eng middle order. Cook and Bell have been keeping us out of trouble, can't keep expecting that of them and our batting is still fragile....