• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Talking about S.A. test ground attendance and forgetting the second best attended ground. Centurion certainly has way better attendances then kingsmead (also no drainage issues)...

Issue with playing a day night test at either Centurion or wanderers would be the dew.
And the leccy bill.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mine was a general point about the culture that seems to be prevalent in the Aussie Cricket circle. I thought what happened after this incident was a decent example. TJB pointed out it was not completely the way I had imagined it to be, reading around outside of CW, and I stood corrected and posted to the same effect. Not sure why I had to be named there. I have lesser posts since the incident here than you do.
Me neither said australian media intentionally distracting the team's awful performance. Even in the bait post. What I meant was that the way the incident was put forward and brought attention to the public, it somewhat covered up the batting woes in the previous tests. Maybe people just dont have enough time to read all the posts and pages so they dont know what has been said previously so they make their own judgement reading one post without understanding. At this moment I am not even bothered to quote my earlier posts. But whatever lets move on and looking forward to watching the next test.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I`m not so convinced of that, young newbies quite often have something to prove and also have some belligerence about them... other than the fact that Warner is still scary I am still waiting for that Starc spell that could rip apart the SA middle order. Bavuma and QDK keep getting us out of real trouble, can`t keep expecting that of them and our batting is still fragile. The only thing that SA really have over Aus is that we have 3 real quality pacemen over the 2 in Aus (Starc Hazelwood)
I quite agree with this mostly but there's also a downside to it esp when the bowling attack that SA have and they are surely oozing with confidence. For the debutants, they will play with less pressure than the voges and likes. So it may as well work in their favour. I dont remember when I was last so excited about a dead rubber.

Marius

International Debutant
Just saw a comment on Cricinfo, about the Aussie side for tomorrow: they should have picked Cinderella because at least she knows when to leave the ball.

:laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Except Cinderella didn't know when to leave the ball. Wouldn't have had the prince go round the entire town getting people to try on a glass slipper if she did.

Compton

International Debutant
Except Cinderella didn't know when to leave the ball. Wouldn't have had the prince go round the entire town getting people to try on a glass slipper if she did.
Even one-shoed, Cinderella is probably still more convincing outside off than Nevill et al.

Bijed

International Regular
Just saw a comment on Cricinfo, about the Aussie side for tomorrow: they should have picked Cinderella
After all the controversy with Faf, it would be a bit stupid for the Aussies to pick someone who's known for causing unexpected alterations to a ball

Sorry

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there's probably an opportunity for one of our south australian readers going to the test to make some money off it, by solely filming every single thing steve smith does in the field and then reporting anything suspicious to CSA

probably could make some money by selling the footage to me too
South Australians are generally too busy murdering their neighbours and disposing of bodies in old appliances for something as trivial as this

Better to ask a tourist