• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember when the Pakistani media tried to accuse Root of tampering

"Loot at that. Loot at that."

Look at what you ****ing muppet

Burgey

We're probably gonna get owned again, but the simple fact that we have a bunch of newbies in the side means I'm actually really looking forward to this.
It's good as a spectator to go on a bit of journey with a young bloke starting out.

Daemon

We're probably gonna get owned again, but the simple fact that we have a bunch of newbies in the side means I'm actually really looking forward to this.
Yep, this almost makes me not want Australia to lose.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
As said by many an Australian before MCG in the 2010/11 Ashes.
I'm not so convinced of that, young newbies quite often have something to prove and also have some belligerence about them... other than the fact that Ponting is still scary I am waiting for that Johnson spell that could rip apart the Eng middle order. Cook and Bell have been keeping us out of trouble, can't keep expecting that of them and our batting is still fragile....
That Johnson spell at Perth not good enough for you?

CapeTown Guy

School Boy/Girl Captain
No plans yet... thing is Wanderers, Newlands and Kingsmead get pretty good attendance, problems are places like St Georges, and the lights at the ground are not up to international level. There is some talk about starting it at FC level... but we shall see.
Errrr... 'Kingsmead' and 'good attendance' aren't two things I would put in the same sentence. Last couple of Tests there, probably for the last 10 years, had about 200 people there per day.

Wanderers, Newlands and Supersport Park would be great possible venues for such a venture in future.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Errrr... 'Kingsmead' and 'good attendance' aren't two things I would put in the same sentence. Last couple of Tests there, probably for the last 10 years, had about 200 people there per day.

Wanderers, Newlands and Supersport Park would be great possible venues for such a venture in future.
I wasn`t to sure about Kingsmead... I know that Wanderers, Newlands gets good support. Implementing D/N test cricket needs to be carefully done, their is no point have D/N tests at venues that are already well attended, the idea is for it to try help attract people to the tests that are not well attended. Hence my comment regarding St Georges etc...

Marius

International Debutant

The ODIs get ok attendance at Kingsmead so maybe a D/N Test might be a novel enough idea to get the crowds down.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Why is it that ICC is not consistent? If Faf is guilty so be it but what about the rest who've done the same thing? Why are they getting away with it?

Last edited:

Spikey

there's probably an opportunity for one of our south australian readers going to the test to make some money off it, by solely filming every single thing steve smith does in the field and then reporting anything suspicious to CSA

probably could make some money by selling the footage to me too

Stefan9

International Debutant
Talking about S.A. test ground attendance and forgetting the second best attended ground. Centurion certainly has way better attendances then kingsmead (also no drainage issues)...

Issue with playing a day night test at either Centurion or wanderers would be the dew.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't know why hb, Black_Warrior and AZH are repeatedly saying the aussie media are trying to distract people from the team's performance. It doesn't make any sense, because they absolutely love tearing into the Australian team when they do poorly. This Faf thing is just them trying to blow things out of proportions for Teh Controversy. Media gonna media. Doubt theyre trying to take anyone's attention away from how **** Australia are.

Mine was a general point about the culture that seems to be prevalent in the Aussie Cricket circle. I thought what happened after this incident was a decent example. TJB pointed out it was not completely the way I had imagined it to be, reading around outside of CW, and I stood corrected and posted to the same effect. Not sure why I had to be named there. I have lesser posts since the incident here than you do.

CapeTown Guy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Talking about S.A. test ground attendance and forgetting the second best attended ground. Centurion certainly has way better attendances then kingsmead (also no drainage issues)...

Issue with playing a day night test at either Centurion or wanderers would be the dew.
Newlands it is then! Which is great, since I live about 2km from there.