• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to say it's struck me as absolutely astonishing how a number of hitherto perfectly reasonable posters on here have gone bat **** crazy over this and come on so strong with the victim complex stuff. I haven't seen anything quite as noteworthy on here since the Sydney test of 2007-2008.

Andy, I've followed a number of your posts across multiple threads and you seem a pretty reasonable bloke, but that post you've just made is about what you'd expect from an eight year old with learning difficulties. You're seriously overestimating the extent anyone here gives a **** about Faf's second flagrant rule breach in three years, and that includes the media. If you reckon the press here has sought to excuse Australia's showing in this series by ramping up pressure on Du Plessis you're deluded.

TheJediBrah

Its hard to accept for aussie media now that they have to cover mannequin voges and marshmellows than the Mcgraths, Gillys, Punters etc etc. Reality hit them hard but they choked and went gaga. It'll take them time to recover and write real stuff and focus on their team than trying to take the attention away
Never one to let reality interfere with a maniacal post. Love it.

I have to say it's struck me as absolutely astonishing how a number of hitherto perfectly reasonable posters on here have gone bat **** crazy over this and come on so strong with the victim complex stuff. I haven't seen anything quite as noteworthy on here since the Sydney test of 2007-2008.

Andy, I've followed a number of your posts across multiple threads and you seem a pretty reasonable bloke, but that post you've just made is about what you'd expect from an eight year old with learning difficulties. You're seriously overestimating the extent anyone here gives a **** about Faf's second flagrant rule breach in three years, and that includes the media. If you reckon the press here has sought to excuse Australia's showing in this series by ramping up pressure on Du Plessis you're deluded.
I can't comment on whether he's a reasonable bloke or not, but one thing that would be obvious to anyone who's seen a handful of his post is that he's unashamedly, unreasonably even insanely anti-Australian. He's fine when he's just posting about his little Bangladesh team and the like but if Australia gets involved he goes the proverbial full ******.

cnerd123

likes this
I cant find this press conference Faf did can some one link me please

Also all power to Faf IMO. Tampered the ball for Rabada, Philander and Abbot but takes no credit for it. Leading from the front, copping one for the team. WAFG.

OverratedSanity

I don't know why hb, Black_Warrior and AZH are repeatedly saying the aussie media are trying to distract people from the team's performance. It doesn't make any sense, because they absolutely love tearing into the Australian team when they do poorly. This Faf thing is just them trying to blow things out of proportions for Teh Controversy. Media gonna media. Doubt theyre trying to take anyone's attention away from how **** Australia are.

Daemon

Yep. Only the great men lead from the front and tamper (Imran, Faf, Kohli) while the pussies assign the dirty duties to others (Cook, Smith).

TheJediBrah

I don't know why hb, Black_Warrior and AZH are repeatedly saying the aussie media are trying to distract people from the team's performance. It doesn't make any sense, because they absolutely love tearing into the Australian team when they do poorly. This Faf thing is just them trying to blow things out of proportions for Teh Controversy. Media gonna media. Doubt theyre trying to take anyone's attention away from how **** Australia are.
I mentioned this exact point directly to them earlier this thread as well, yet it gained no traction. I have no idea why they keep spouting the same **** but it's beyond tiresome.

cnerd123

likes this
Yep. Only the great men lead from the front and tamper (Imran, Faf, Kohli) while the pussies assign the dirty duties to others (Cook, Smith).
Other noted tamperers: Warner, Atherton, Sachin, Afridi

Other non-tamperers: Flintoff, Kane Williamson, Alan Border

I think we're on to something here

Burgey

Other noted tamperers: Warner, Atherton, Sachin, Afridi

Other non-tamperers: Flintoff, Kane Williamson, Alan Border

I think we're on to something here
What was the controversy in the madras tied test between Border and the umpire where TOTAB was threatened with being sent off? I don't think it was ball tampering but I can't recall

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

/It was a bait post

If you read my other posts on the incident I have defended Australian team and also brought that SA should not overreact etc. But there is no denying Australian media made it bigger than it should have been.

Daemon

Yeah they sort of blew it up, but not because they were trying to distract everyone from Australia's shitness

Burgey

/It was a bait post

If you read my other posts on the incident I have defended Australian team and also brought that SA should not overreact etc. But there is no denying Australian media made it bigger than it should have been.
Fair enough then.

Personally I would never deliberately post something designed to bait other forum members, but all good.

indiaholic

International Captain
Isn't Cook in charge of taking care of the ball? I always assumed it was a euphemism for tampering.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I cant find this press conference Faf did can some one link me please

Also all power to Faf IMO. Tampered the ball for Rabada, Philander and Abbot but takes no credit for it. Leading from the front, copping one for the team. WAFG.
This was before he offered to sleep with the MotM and really take one for the team.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Never one to let reality interfere with a maniacal post. Love it.

I can't comment on whether he's a reasonable bloke or not, but one thing that would be obvious to anyone who's seen a handful of his post is that he's unashamedly, unreasonably even insanely anti-Australian. He's fine when he's just posting about his little Bangladesh team and the like but if Australia gets involved he goes the proverbial full ******.
your opinion matters only on bb forum

indiaholic

International Captain
I am sure sleeping with Rabada was entirely selfish. He knew he ****ed up with his incentive scheme when Abbott performed well.

Marius

International Debutant
Maybe Faf has been unfairly targeted but so what. We've still won the series.

But I do think it's rich that Australians are saying us Saffas are whiners when about twenty pages of this thread was taken up by posters bemoaning the injustice of the Smith LBW in Perth.

Last edited: