• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd be interested to ask players from the 1990s what State 2nd XI games were like - it's generally seen as very "selfish" cricket amongst the guys who I've played with.
I didn't play it but played with a few guys who did. From what I recall in SA, that was about the time it evolved from being seen as just a reward for grade guys who wouldn't play state cricket to a stepping-stone that the ACB Cup was.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa are the only team which have been caught on camera actually doing it. Three times.
Well that is not a very good argument when there have been teams which have been charged and penalised without anything appearing on camera so clearly appearing or not appearing on camera is irrelevant.
Mate this is a thorny issue for me and there is an astonishing level of hypocrisy in the cricketing world when it comes to this issue. Don't want to open the can of worms now and derail this thread so we'll just leave it at that.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Corrupt ICC destroying the footage of when one of the Big Three does it, obviously.
Well that is not a very good argument when there have been teams which have been charged and penalised without anything appearing on camera so clearly appearing or not appearing on camera is irrelevant.
Mate this is a thorny issue for me and there is an astonishing level of hypocrisy in the cricketing world when it comes to this issue. Don't want to open the can of worms now and derail this thread so we'll just leave it at that.
Of course its a valid argument. The discussion isn't about how SA are a bunch of cheats... I personally don't care at all, everyone does it and it's a non issue.

But the posts I was responding to were about how SA were being unfairly singled out for it
Well no **** when the cameras have caught them in the act three times obviously they'll get a reputation. Don't see what this has to add o with the big 3. As far as I know no other team has been caught on camera clearly doing it,in the last few years, much less get punished for it.

Faf should've been smarter about it, that's all.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Heboric here doesn't believe he is talking to actual humans, he thinks he is arguing with a country.

Easy to post **** if you forget you're talking to humans
and again

'I am arguing with jmay, who supports england. Therefore I am arguing with england.'

Heboric

International Debutant
and again

'I am arguing with jmay, who supports england. Therefore I am arguing with england.'
Its pretty ****ing stupid to claim that South Africa is the only one doing it where the likes of England players have been caught or confessed to doing it no matter what lame cut off date.is being used.

And dont be so ****ing literal I am not blaming any one on here for ball tampeing.

Heboric

International Debutant
So no proof of other nations being caught on camera then?
I dont need to post anything here when its easily found - there is this small thing called Google. I heard its a useful tool.

And whats the ****ing point if its on video or not

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's funny though. You keep saying you've found proof but never post it. Show us some evidence of other teams ball tampering since the Shahid Afridi incident and then we'll talk.

Heboric

International Debutant
It's funny though. You keep saying you've found proof but never post it. Show us some evidence of other teams ball tampering since the Shahid Afridi incident and then we'll talk.
What is funny is how simple it is to type in "Rahul Dravid ball tampering" or "ball tampering marcus trescothick" or "Michael Atherton ball tampering",. Plus a lot of question were raised of Stuart Broad and James Anderson at Newlands 2010 - If it was Pakistan doing what they did there would have been hell to pay.

Last edited: