• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think it's notable that the only selector that I knew was there out of three is the one who's resigned. Why was Marsh the only one who was discussed?

howardj

International Coach
His tenure is ending in June, and he said he would not seek a renewal (bearing in mind PHoward probably would have offered him one) :laugh:

So, it's the lame duck thing

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's notable that the only selector that I knew was there out of three is the one who's resigned. Why was Marsh the only one who was discussed?
According to reports, he was going at summer's end anyway and decided to go now. I don't believe that, but that's the story.

The stories you hear about him and his approach to younger blokes when he played are pretty horrendous tbh.

Blocky

Banned
This just in, it's a salt lozenge... he felt the Australians were getting very salty, so decided to add some sodium to his diet too.

Heboric

International Debutant
**** me I just saw the footage and it is even less controversial than and LBW where the ball is shown that it would hit the stumps. It is hilarious.

Even this article Australia vs South Africa cricket: Faf du Plessis ball tampering video

My favorite quote: "The footage shows du Plessis fingering an item in his mouth before rubbing his digit on the shiny side of the Test match ball."

Top notch journalism.
Articles on that site have a very tabloid feel to it.

Daemon

He's clearly cheating but I don't really think anyone who knows enough about cricket cares.

Marius

International Debutant
Ah, I remember when Aus used to pound us regularly and we also used to complain about cheating or the umpiring never going our way.

Marius

International Debutant
Not unsurprisingly... the question is who does he replace?
It's going to be Cook.

I reckon they'll push Bra T up to open.

That's the only changes I can see happening.

But a top 7 of: Elgar, Bavuma, Amla, AB, Duminy, Faf, and QDK is monstrous.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's going to be Cook.

I reckon they'll push Bra T up to open.

That's the only changes I can see happening.

But a top 7 of: Elgar, Bavuma, Amla, AB, Duminy, Faf, and QDK is monstrous.
Monstrous?

I mean, it's good, but there's a blokes there averaging in the 30s and low 40s. There's still a big Kallis-shaped hole in the batting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not sure about Bavuma opening either. I think his temperament is fine for it but his off side technique would really bring the keeper and slips into the game against the new ball. I'd sooner move Faf up to open instead, particularly given Bavuma's been outperforming him in the middle for a while now.

flibbertyjibber

Is it just me, or are Australian cricket pundits dumber than other parts of the world?
No, just when there is a crisis it shows up the ones who actually watch some cricket away from the internationals and the ones who don't. The ones who don't always come up with a ridiculous funky XI that makes you spit your coffee out as you read the article or hear them speak. You have had a few bad times in a short space of time so they look stupid as their previous numptyness is still in your head.