• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

Flem274*

123/5
with the way the weather has been for the past couple of months the second test will have interruptions but also plenty of play. It's the period where you get four seasons in a day in NZ.

Blocky

Banned
I mean I guess I get it, they feel they're unsafe - but we've had less than five reported deaths in the entire country.

It would be non sensical to me, but even worse is the fact that most students as far as Auckland were sent home mid exam today because of fear around the Earthquakes over 1000KM away.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean I guess I get it, they feel they're unsafe - but we've had less than five reported deaths in the entire country.

It would be non sensical to me, but even worse is the fact that most students as far as Auckland were sent home mid exam today because of fear around the Earthquakes over 1000KM away.
I presume you're talking about the scholarship examination students who were sent home due to a ruling of unfairness, given they are competing against people from all over the country who may have been directly affected by the quakes. Non-scholarship exams in non-quake hit zones went on as usual as they're not externally competitive, in the way scholarship exams are. NZQA changed their minds and this meant it wasn't informed until the exams started.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
I presume you're talking about the scholarship examination students who were sent home due to a ruling of unfairness, given they are competing against people from all over the country who may have been directly affected by the quakes. Exams in non-quake hit zones went on as usual as they're not externally competitive, in the way scholarship exams are. NZQA changed their minds and this meant it wasn't informed until the exams started.
Ahh, that makes much more sense - I'd just heard second hand that all students had been sent home half-way through the exam (and would subsequently go home and now write practice essays to answer the questions they saw) due to the earthquakes.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh, that makes much more sense - I'd just heard second hand that all students had been sent home half-way through the exam (and would subsequently go home and now write practice essays to answer the questions they saw) due to the earthquakes.
Yeah, presume they'll have to write new papers now that people have laid eyes on the original exam. The final exam of my bachelor's degree is tomorrow, thank god I'm not sitting it in an earthquake zone as it may well be postponed (today's were). Read all sorts of nightmares about people getting on planes to go back overseas to home, not having any more leave for work etc. I know the real tragedy is in the loss of life but it's incredible how far-reaching the repercussions are.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
. He was not good in the first test against India either.
Late to the party on this, but Craig was by far the best spinner in the first test. He bowled with alot more control than I'd seen in the past and had reduced the 1 bad ball per over to 1 every 4-5 overs where as Sodhi and Santner were still bowling one every over.

I still think Santner is probably number 1 choice as #8. But Craig should definitely get the look in once fit, especially with vital batting contributions. Patel did bowl pretty well in the other two test but at age 36 as opposed to Craig being 29 I think Craig's best is still yet to come, considering the improvement we've seen.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeetan should have been picked. Unfortunately, our batting looks like it could blow up completely if Kane doesn't get runs, so they probably felt they needed a middle order option as well as spin. It's going to be frustrating if Hagley turns again, we bowl last and Todd Astle can't turn one to the outside half of the bat.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
'Good toss to win'. Fingers down a chalkboard to NZ fans who know we never win any. Enjoy first use, Wahab and co.