• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had a look at the pitch in reddit. Don't worry the match needs 3 days top. Could go either way.
Traditionally NZ pitches tend to burn off and turn to roads (well in the last few years anyway). Though I can't remember the last time New Zealand had a home Test in November, and the weather will be more conductive to the pitch staying green-ish.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Traditionally NZ pitches tend to burn off and turn to roads (well in the last few years anyway). Though I can't remember the last time New Zealand had a home Test in November, and the weather will be more conductive to the pitch staying green-ish.
I definitely feel the conditions will be similar to the early summer tests/domestic that we've had in England, with cloud cover and moisture helping swing and seam bowling. This will be a pretty big test for batsmen on both sides and we'll see what type of pace bowling line up Pakistan go for.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish I was at my mom's basement this week watching the cricket. I can't contain the excitement. Please don't ****ing rain tomorrow. Please.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Playing tests in November in NZ is always very iffy. Looks like we might lose a lot of play in the first four or five sessions but then should be ok after that; could still be time for a result if pitch is green.

Zinzan

Time for some stats

Pakistan vs New Zealand in New Zealand

Played 12
Pakistan: 7
New Zealand: 1
Drawn: 4
Holy ****, NZ only won in '85? Wow knew they had a poor home record against Pak, but not quite that bad.

Ironically NZ won a series in Pakistan in '69 & pretty sure they drew one if the mid 90s with a really weak side.

Zinzan

!?

Actually played 29, Pak won 10, NZ 5, draw 14.

Since 2000, played 10, Pak won 4, NZ 2, drawn 4. BJ Watling will recall one of the draws, he and Tim McIntosh were 0-90 chasing down 208 to win when the rain came and saved Pak from a series loss.
He was talking about series.

vandem

International 12th Man
Time for some stats

Pakistan vs New Zealand in New Zealand

Played 12
Pakistan: 7
New Zealand: 1
Drawn: 4
Aha ...

And for test matches Pak in NZ:

Played 29, Pak won 10, NZ 5, draw 14.

Since 2000, played 10, Pak won 4, NZ 2, drawn 4. BJ Watling will recall one of the draws, he and Tim McIntosh were 0-90 chasing down 208 to win when the rain came and saved Pak from a series loss.

So after some Pak dominance in 90s, the 4 recent series have been closer.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Aha ...

And for test matches Pak in NZ:

Played 29, Pak won 10, NZ 5, draw 14.

So after some Pak dominance in 90s, the 4 recent series have been closer.
Oh gosh, forgot about that! That was up there with Brendon Diamanti batting us to Chappell-Hadlee glory when it started raining for depresiveness.

vcs

NZ pitches tend to get better to bat on as the game progresses. Will be annoying if it ends in a draw because of a day's play being lost to rain.