• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Stefan9

International Debutant
Good batting pitch. Warner can take them apart. 400 has been chased down on this ground previously. And more importantly just 2 seamers for Proteas for rest of this test. 5+ sessions left in the test.

I don't see why they should declare now KP. Maybe they can declare an hr. after lunch (if they aren't bowled out by then).
That 400 was chased by a side that had 4 atg in their batting line up.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing that gives me the most hope with bowling Aus out is they look absolutely demoralized, the bowling seems to totally lack intensity.... they can not be in a good head space after SL tour. Similar to what happened to SA recently when after the Indian tour we struggled to deal with a good Eng team, with many questions over the batting in particular.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing that gives me the most hope with bowling Aus out is they look absolutely demoralized, the bowling seems to totally lack intensity.... they can not be in a good head space after SL tour. Similar to what happened to SA recently when after the Indian tour we struggled to deal with a good Aus team, with many questions over the batting in particular.
Wasn't that against England?

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Soft dismissal, he looked so incredibly comfortable.

Now, does Vernon start going big? Maharaj is a more than capable batsmen.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yea, a win will do Proteas good but being a pace bowler short their first priority would be to rule out an Australian victory on day 4 rather than giving them 20-30% chance of chasing it down on day 5.
Its actually the other way round. Giving Australia a chance to draw and if Australia draws because of the time killed by SA at the back end of the innings is a loss to SA and for me personally from the position they are in. Sometimes we forget how rare it is to successfully chase a big target let alone 500 odd even with your strike bowler off

DriveClub

International Regular
Its actually the other way round. Giving Australia a chance to draw and if Australia draws because of the time killed by SA at the back end of the innings is a loss to SA and for me personally from the position they are in. Sometimes we forget how rare it is to successfully chase a big target let alone 500 odd even with your strike bowler off
I disagree 5 sessions is more than enough time to bowl a team out, if they draw from thereon you just say well played