• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wont work because of quotas

unless they swap someone other than Morkel for Steyn next test
They can do it regardless of quotas! Quotas are an avg across the season and formats. Whether they will, who knows. Why drop Duminy over Cook? Maybe let Duminy finish his innings first?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saffers already have enough ex Warner and Smith. Need another 200 now to cover those two blokes.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
They can do it regardless of quotas! Quotas are an avg across the season and formats. Whether they will, who knows. Why drop Duminy over Cook? Maybe let Duminy finish his innings first?
Because it has nothing to with this innings? He's been a passenger, especially in the test team for a long time now. An average of 32 is nowhere near good enough to be batting at 4/5.

Least Cook is still new to international cricket and deserves an extended run.

Marius

International Debutant
wont work because of quotas

unless they swap someone other than Morkel for Steyn next test
Yeah, that's the issue.

Stick Rossouw in instead of Duminy you only have five POCs. It could work though, they've exceeded the quotas in some of the limited overs stuff this season and they'll be judged on the average of POCs in the side across all formats.

Shady Slim

International Coach
tubbs actually very right here tbh

warner isn't a hit out or get out guy but he does rotate the strike supremely well

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still think the original plan may have been to play Parnell at 7 in place of Duminy and push QDK to 6. I think the injury to Parnell hurt SA`s plans.

Shady Slim

International Coach
the answer's no because the selectors have decided on principle they won't even pick jacques kallis ahead of mitchell marsh

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
If there's going to be a NSW quota, could we at least practice apartheid against them for some time? (Edgy I know)

cnerd123

likes this
Man go back 60-70 pages here and watching the Aussies gloat is such sweet reading.

I know they could still win but I enjoyed it nevertheless

indiaholic

International Captain
Bastian: "I'm sick of all this Duminy bashing. Why are so many people against him? He does so much for the team. Granted, he is a bit out of touch with his batting, but he is a valuable player. Batting is not everything (though a big part). He is a great fielder, and a bowler who can take key wickets when the side is in a stick. He does countless 'small' things extremely well that others do not do. Not to mention that he's a 'player of colour'...Give him a break."