• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Tom Flint

International Regular
Without ab and with amla's form not great this year, de kock is probably sa's gun bat. Cant be having him running out of partners and having to try and farm the strike when he's just played himself in. 7 is far too low in a weakened order, put duminy down there as he has batted well with the tail in the past, faf to 4 and de kock 5.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Without ab and with amla's form not great this year, de kock is probably sa's gun bat. Cant be having him running out of partners and having to try and farm the strike when he's just played himself in. 7 is far too low in a weakened order, put duminy down there as he has batted well with the tail in the past, faf to 4 and de kock 5.
sorry but allan border is not playing this game

Inb4 burgey

burr

State Vice-Captain
When was the last classic test series in Australia, or even a good battle ala Eng-Pak this year? I'm struggling to remember one. Maybe 2001 NZ? I'm sure I've missed something out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sorry but allan border is not playing this game

Inb4 burgey
That's why he said "without AB". He's aware.

Only Allan Border could save them here.
The genesis of revelation. Love it.

When was the last classic test series in Australia, or even a good battle ala Eng-Pak this year? I'm struggling to remember one. Maybe 2001 NZ? I'm sure I've missed something out.
The SA series out here in approximately 08/09 was bloody good. The one after that wasn't bad either I think.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australi vs Bangladesh, top end tour IIRC.

vcs

India's tour in 2007-08 was really good.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst I have zero faith in most of Australia's batsmen and our bowlers are underdone, I fearlessly predict that we got this

No doubt we'll **** up later in the summer doe

Burgey

Yeah it was a cracker, wasn't it?

Incredible someone can be so alert in the field then look like he's stoned out of his head when he comes out to bat.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Incredible someone can be so alert in the field then look like he's stoned out of his head when he comes out to bat.
I sent you a message to ask this but seeing as I'm here. Is it just me or has your season started about a month earlier than normal?

It's probably been discussed but as it's not the Ashes I've not been following the thread and just popped in because the catch was so good

Zinzan

Credit where it's due, Australia showed just how good they are on these type of surfaces yesterday. I was thinking about how NZ bowlers would have done against SA on that pitch yesterday, and I doubt they would have got more than 3-4 wickets in the whole day.

I think Warner showed just what a good wicket it was towards the end and highlighted just how well Australia bowled.

Thought Marsh's catch was a classic example of the sort of half-chances Australia so often manage to take, that would be close miss for most other sides.

That is not a weak SA side by any means, Australia just showed so much class throughout the day.

Burgey

I sent you a message to ask this but seeing as I'm here. Is it just me or has your season started about a month earlier than normal?

It's probably been discussed but as it's not the Ashes I've not been following the thread and just popped in because the catch was so good
Not sure mate, there's usually a test on around this time when it's a six test summer, but usually it kicks off in Brisbane.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

It usually starts late November/early December when it's an Ashes series because there's one fewer Test, so that's probably where you got that from.

Usually does start early-mid November when there are six Tests though, as Burgey said.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And all those calling for Morkel... you realize he is a back of length bowler. Every-time he pitches full, which he struggles to do, its like he floats it up. He would have been great for roughing some batsmen up but I`m not sure if he would have got any more wickets... Abbott maybe should have played though.
You've pretty much summed up Morkel's career. That's exactly the reason he doesn't have that many wickets..and he will never be someone to run through a side. I feel that Steyn was sort of doing that in this game..roughing up Marsh which was disappointing because his job was to get them out and he is the one who can run through a side.

adub

International Captain

He's also really starting to look like the old man these days.