• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
99% of the Indian restaurants in the UK aren't Indian enough.
Lots of them aren't going to be as traditional as you'd like because they're catering to local expectations of kormas and tikka masalas.

Leicester has some class Indian food though, mainly on or near Belgrave Road. Maybe not comparable to what I had in Rajasthan but great in its own right.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
A different picture doesn't make the concept not disgusting.

Yeah, people often forget India played the first series with DRS (UDRS as it was called then) and made a total meal of it. Sanga beat us black and blue there. And guess who was the captain of India then? Our current coach. :(

With Virat's impulsive nature and Kumble's legendary misunderstanding of how to use DRS, I expect the worst this series for us in terms of DRS reviews. We might even beat Watson.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm looking forward to watching England without the nerve-fraying expectation that we might actually do something. It means anything that's surprising will be good.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

England in India + Biryani, can't get any more on topic than this

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Probably for the Non-Veg stuff... As a vegetarian, I have found it hard to find a place better than Paradise.
Haha this reminds me of a discussion I had with one of my colleagues.

Colleague (while having veg biryani for lunch): Veg biryani is bad.
weldone: Yes, present tense is appropriate for universal truths.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lots of them aren't going to be as traditional as you'd like because they're catering to local expectations of kormas and tikka masalas.

Leicester has some class Indian food though, mainly on or near Belgrave Road. Maybe not comparable to what I had in Rajasthan but great in its own right.
Dishoom is a good Indian restaurant, but the biryani there is the worst. The only semi-decent biryani that I've had in the UK was in a restaurant called Sachin's near Newcastle Central Station.

And by the way, Rajasthan is not a great place for biryanis (remember Mughals couldn't occupy mainland Rajasthan). Lucknow and Hyderabad are the 2 best places for biryani, followed by Kolkata and Delhi. I am sure some places in Pakistan make awesome biryanis, but I've never had the chance to visit.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The lamest Biryani is the one that the local Indians make in Singapore/Malaysia. They cook the meat and rice separately and serve it together with some sloppy curry. They even misspell it as Briyani the dumb ****s. The Chinese here love it though because they have weak stomachs and can't take the real deal.