• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

cnerd123

likes this
The lamest Biryani is the one that the local Indians make in Singapore/Malaysia. They cook the meat and rice separately and serve it together with some sloppy curry. They even misspell it as Briyani the dumb ****s. The Chinese here love it though because they have weak stomachs and can't take the real deal.
HK has some legit biryani. HK has some legit Indian food in general - its all cooked by illegal immigrants brought here from India just to cook, and like 90% of them are concentrated in the shadiest, dodgiest part of HK. It's quite wonderful. I'm eating some pulao (Note: not Veg Biryani) from one of those restaurants now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
HK has some legit biryani. HK has some legit Indian food in general - its all cooked by illegal immigrants brought here from India just to cook, and like 90% of them are concentrated in the shadiest, dodgiest part of HK. It's quite wonderful. I'm eating some pulao (Note: not Veg Biryani) from one of those restaurants now.
Yeah we have no shortage of the good stuff here as well, it's just the Indians who've been in Singapore for a few generations that are ****ing with the dish.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The lamest Biryani is the one that the local Indians make in Singapore/Malaysia. They cook the meat and rice separately and serve it together with some sloppy curry. They even misspell it as Briyani the dumb ****s. The Chinese here love it though because they have weak stomachs and can't take the real deal.
Haha one restaurant in London cook the chicken and the curry separately and just dip the chicken inside the curry before serving. I told them to replace the words 'chicken curry' in their menu with 'chicken, curry'

Shri

Mr. Glass
Forums aren't the only places that would love to ban you then. Bet you had a few drops of 'special sauce' in your dish,

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The restaurant owner was a good man, Shri. He was impressed with my knowledge about Indian food and wanted to know if I have any more advice for him.

And forums ban you far more often than me, lol.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
It must not be very nice being an England spinner right about now. You just lost a test against Bangladesh, the captain says you are ****, you know you are **** and you have 5 tests play in India in ten days. On top of all that you have an angry ginger in the team.
The problem is England got away with using Moeen Ali as frontline spinner in their conditions which is fine and no complains but they did a mistake in UAE probably by not trying out I dont know who keeping in mind the 7 tests in trott this winter season in Asia. They tried Adil Rashid but I hate to say it, he's not test standard. Maybe they thought they could get an idea playing in BD to pick up the right man or relying on Moeen and Rashid to get more exposure and pick them for India series. Trying the old Gareth Batty but I dont think he's the answer either and you know what you are going to get with Ansari from counties. It did not require to get a look at him in spinning pitches how he's going to pan out. I don't know much about Jack Leach and not sure if he's going to get selected in the tour. So basically it's upto Moeen Ali and Rashid to stand up and they hired Saqlain for a brief period for the tour to help them. In hindsight and England's defence, you can't really plan so ahead unless your bench strength is strong enough. After the departure of Swann, the void created in the team still to be fulfilled.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No replicated cuisine will ever match the real thing

English restaurants abroad are a joke. You call that gravy?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The void has been filled. Moeen is the best available English spinner.
How? I dont get this. England is lacking a Swann level spinner and unless you find one, they are going to struggle in sub continent.

If you think Moeen=Swann then thats a different story.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You can do better than that, mate.

I say mate because of where I'm from
The place I'm from is of the north
Northern boys love gravy

Game, set, match. Mate.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You can do better than that, mate.

I say mate because of where I'm from
The place I'm from is of the north
Northern boys love gravy

Game, set, match. Mate.
What you call gravy is but a shadow of the real thing, Northern boy.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How? I dont get this. England is lacking a Swann level spinner and unless you find one, they are going to struggle in sub continent.

If you think Moeen=Swann then thats a different story.
You can't find something that isn't there.

Swann was a once in a generation bowler for England.