• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would also add that everything which pierces the field basically is 4. True pitch, lightning outfield, good day to bat. Yasir's been really off today even taking into account that day 1 leg-spin is the toughest art in the game.
Add to that that it's too green for the ball to get scuffed and bring reverse into play.

Groundking

International Debutant
Still, Ian Bell has around twenty test tons, Borthwick looked clueless in a dead rubber
He's had 2 centuries since 2013, he's been absolutely rubbish for 3 years, he's getting on and he's only averaging 44 in the county, rubbish, I suppose you could entertain bringing him back if he was tearing it up, but he's not doing, so sack bringing him back.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there not a single young quality batsmen that England could throw in the deep end and see how he does? Would Buttler be an option particularly considering he appears better than Bairstow with the gloves?

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Is there not a single young quality batsmen that England could throw in the deep end and see how he does? Would Buttler be an option particularly considering he appears better than Bairstow with the gloves?
If he didn't have a broken thumb I honestly think that would be the option. The selectors are currently very conservative.

Groundking

International Debutant
If he didn't have a broken thumb I honestly think that would be the option. The selectors are currently very conservative.
Plus there'sthe thought that because he's so obviously talented he should come good eventually with the bat, I still think we should give Borthwick a go first, we have to be rewarding good county form, it's an awful message otherwise.

Pothas

There are quite a few but they are all very young. Bell-Drummond the one that is a little bit further on.

Pothas

Plus there'sthe thought that because he's so obviously talented he should come good eventually with the bat, I still think we should give Borthwick a go first, we have to be rewarding good county form, it's an awful message otherwise.
Certainly would not complain if they pick Borthwick but it is not as if he has been destroying county cricket like Bairstow did last year.

Pothas

Not saying he should not be picked, I just don't think it would be some huge injustice if he is not, he has not reached the 'demands to be picked' stage.

Groundking

International Debutant
Not saying he should not be picked, I just don't think it would be some huge injustice if he is not, I don't think he has reached the 'demands to be picked' stage.
No but Vince is at the stage of demanding to be dropped, so there's that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was just in the middle of typing a post about how Ballance is unfairly maligned, so I will need to remember to do that for an opposition batsman