• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Certainly would not complain if they pick Borthwick but it is not as if he has been destroying county cricket like Bairstow did last year.
He's not that type of batsman. Still averages nearly 70. Most runs are from Keaton Jennings - another Durham batsman.

Compton

International Debutant
I like Woakes as night watchman far more than throwing up someone like Anderson for no reason.

Don't like giving them an easy wicket first thing the following morning.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England's 4,5,6 are worse than their 7,8,9 (I know this isn't Woakes' usual position, stfu)

Groundking

International Debutant
I like Woakes as night watchman far more than throwing up someone like Anderson for no reason.

Don't like giving them an easy wicket first thing the following morning.
Plus if he can scrape himself to 30 odd we'll be close to 400 with Stokes coming in to an old ball, with licence to go hard, and that's super demoralising haha.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
To expand on this for you, I appreciate the pitch hasn't made things easy for the bowlers but there doesn't appear to have been any discernable plan from Pakistan for any of England's batsmen. Not even a token '**** it let's bombard the **** with short stuff and see how he does' burst. And Yasir simply hasn't been able to exert any sort of pressure, granted he's spent most of the day bowling at England's best 2 batsmen but he's had 3 maidens from 25 or so overs and seems a bit lost now that England's batsmen aren't falling over themselves to get out to him.
Would also add that everything which pierces the field basically is 4. True pitch, lightning outfield, good day to bat. Yasir's been really off today even taking into account that day 1 leg-spin is the toughest art in the game.
Sounds like a really bad toss to lose for us. We seem to not do too well and sort of lose the plot when bowling first on a batting pitch.