• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When? Someone saying there's question marks against his temperament based on him get out cheaply a couple of times batting at 8. Nothing legitimate there at all.
Burgey and Daemon have no horse in the race. If they've got concerns then there must be something to it.

Burgey was actually at his debut test too if I'm not mistaken so may be observations that we missed, I mean only watched here and there after all.

I'm not saying it's a no from me but I'd probably go back to Bell before I picked Borthwick

smash84

The Tiger King
before the series I had maintained that root reminds me of sangers against us, just doesn't look like he'll get out

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Stuck at work so I'm relying on you guys. It sounds like a very good batting pitch. Is 450 par here? How's the bowling aside from Amir?

Based on the scorecard alone, I think getting one more wicket today would make it even, maybe even tilt it Pakistan's way if it's Root.

Also, ****ing Root.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Stuck at work so I'm relying on you guys. It sounds like a very good batting pitch. Is 450 par here? How's the bowling aside from Amir?

Based on the scorecard alone, I think getting one more wicket today would make it even, maybe even tilt it Pakistan's way if it's root.
Yes.
Rubbish.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be absolutely ridiculous to go back to bell, have people really forgotten how awful he was before he got dropped?
May as well stick with Vince if they are going to go back to Bell. After all flashy failures and dropped catches are all either have done in the last couple of years.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Based on the scorecard alone, I think getting one more wicket today would make it even, maybe even tilt it Pakistan's way if it's Root.

Also, ****ing Root.
I really don't think 450 par really exists, maybe at Adelaide but that's about it.

Once the cloud departed it's been a pretty benign track, but Pakistan have also hurt themselves by bowling too short (especially Yasir) and dropping catches. There is a lot of rough being generated, but because Pakistan have 3 left armers it wasn't bothering Cook, who seems to have been able to drive the spinner a lot more than usual.

I think Pakistan would need to take 3 late wickets to claim the day.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Burgey and Daemon have no horse in the race. If they've got concerns then there must be something to it.

Burgey was actually at his debut test too if I'm not mistaken so may be observations that we missed, I mean only watched here and there after all.

I'm not saying it's a no from me but I'd probably go back to Bell before I picked Borthwick
All Burgey came up with was questioning his temperament because he was out cheaply. So in other words nothing.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes.
Rubbish.
To expand on this for you, I appreciate the pitch hasn't made things easy for the bowlers but there doesn't appear to have been any discernable plan from Pakistan for any of England's batsmen. Not even a token '**** it let's bombard the **** with short stuff and see how he does' burst. And Yasir simply hasn't been able to exert any sort of pressure, granted he's spent most of the day bowling at England's best 2 batsmen but he's had 3 maidens from 25 or so overs and seems a bit lost now that England's batsmen aren't falling over themselves to get out to him.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would also add that everything which pierces the field basically is 4. True pitch, lightning outfield, good day to bat. Yasir's been really off today even taking into account that day 1 leg-spin is the toughest art in the game.

Last edited: