• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am not fussed. I havn't bothered to read his retort. I assume it isn't polite. If it is terribad he will get infracted. If not he is welcome to have the last word. Such a ridiculous spat by the way. He essentially got fired up because I didn't give someone a standing ovation?!?

It's a free world for crying out loud.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am not fussed. I havn't bothered to read his retort. I assume it isn't polite. If it is terribad he will get infracted. If not he is welcome to have the last word. Such a ridiculous spat by the way. He essentially got fired up because I didn't give someone a standing ovation?!?

It's a free world for crying out loud.
lel

lie

cnerd123

likes this
It's telling how he had to specify in the first line of his post that he wasn't 'fussed' and that he didn't read it.

No one asked him if he read it or not. He still felt he had to make it clear he didn't. Yet he somehow figured out I was fired up. Without reading my post.

He isn't fussed at all. Clearly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yea see here's the thing 'Cane, no one gives a **** what you think.

You're a stubborn lonely 40 year old man who refuses to face reality and accept the world the way it is. You live in your head justifying flawed theories with poor evidence, stubbornly clinging onto what you believe because your ego won't let you accept the fact that maybe, just maybe, you could be wrong. You come on here, make bold statements, usually with next to nothing to back it up, and then refuse to engage meaningfully with anyone who disagrees. And when proven to be comprehensively wrong, you climb onto your high horse and ride off in the sunset.

You know why you do this? Because accepting that you are wrong would require you to put you ego aside. And your ego is much to large to be shifted. No only that, but it would require you to change the way you see the world. And that's much too large a challenge for your feeble mind to cope with.

So instead, when you are called out for being wrong, you decide that the poster who does so is beneath you and refuse to engage. Literally based on nothing else except them challenging your precious beliefs. You refuse to discus with them. Because you cannot be proven wrong if you refuse to talk to that person to begin with. You can't lose if you don't engage. And if you aren't proven wrong, then you don't have to change your world view.

You can continue to live in your bubble, believing what you want to believe, your ego and feeble mind intact.

You're just sad, pathetic, and frankly a waste of my time.

Thanks for the compliment regarding spin bowling; but I don't consider myself much of an expert in that regard. Unlike you, I do think there is more I can learn about the world and an open to do so. I'm not a awkward 40 year old who has nothing else going on for him and so stubbornly holds onto what little I have left and refuse to let it go. I place no stake in being right and don't care if I'm wrong. My ego isn't that fragile.

And I can't be ****ed trolling somebody like you into having a spat with me. Your posts are already hopelessly pathetic in their own right; I don't need to troll you in order to have a laugh.
Pull your head in. Further over the line than A Pakistani quick when money's involved.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know if that last response is to me or not ***** - but I am putting you on ignore for the forseeable future.

I think your analysis of this situation is inaccurate and choosing to get hot and bothered at someone for not giving a standing Ovation is getting too carried away. Like I said it is a free world. And people do much worse at cricket matches such as swearing and taunting the players.
I went out of my way to say "I admired the pacing of his inning and the concentration he showed". I also, if you had've read ALL of my posts, said I agreed with social when he said that "While Voges is not Don Bradman he could very well be a 45+ averaging batsman". I also said in my own words "he is a test standard batsman". I don't give out that compliment easily. And there are many batsman in this test from a blackcaps perspective who I don't consider test standard.

The fact you couldn't assess and analyse what I was saying correctly is consistent with many comments that you make on a large number of topics. I also think it is unattractive that you wanted a flame war with me and that you end up in flame wars with people like Blocky, WW, and Fiery. You figured there were no social repercussions from targeting those three individuals so you gave it to them with both barrels for ****s and giggles. You were merciless with WW in particular and came across as someone who enjoys pulling wings off flies.

I have to go now - it is late.

I actually have been taking a break from CW for the past few weeks as of late I seem to end up in some bruhaha or another whenever I make a post. I made an innocent and what I thought to be very positive post about the Australian fans reaction to Usman's century through the waving of flags. And people didn't focus on that and seemed to determined to find something wrong in my post instead.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like attacking Cane in this thread with the posts he's made was odd. He didn't post anything to get that worked up about.

That said saying *****'s analysis of cricket is only ipl worthy is very ironic. You pull anecdotes from weekend cricket out of thin air and apply them to international cricket all the time and they rarely make much sense.

cnerd123

likes this
I don't know if that last response is to me or not ***** - but I am putting you on ignore for the forseeable future.

I think your analysis of this situation is inaccurate and choosing to get hot and bothered at someone for not giving a standing Ovation is getting too carried away. Like I said it is a free world. And people do much worse at cricket matches such as swearing and taunting the players.
I went out of my way to say "I admired the pacing of his inning and the concentration he showed". I also, if you had've read ALL of my posts, said I agreed with social when he said that "While Voges is not Don Bradman he could very well be a 45+ averaging batsman". I also said in my own words "he is a test standard batsman". I don't give out that compliment easily. And there are many batsman in this test from a blackcaps perspective who I don't consider test standard.

The fact you couldn't assess and analyse what I was saying correctly is consistent with many comments that you make on a large number of topics. I also think it is unattractive that you wanted a flame war with me and that you end up in flame wars with people like Blocky, WW, and Fiery. You figured there were no social repercussions from targeting those three individuals so you gave it to them with both barrels for ****s and giggles. You were merciless with WW in particular and came across as someone who enjoys pulling wings off flies.

I have to go now - it is late.

I actually have been taking a break from CW for the past few weeks as of late I seem to end up in some bruhaha or another whenever I make a post. I made an innocent and what I thought to be very positive post about the Australian fans reaction to Usman's century through the waving of flags. And people didn't focus on that and seemed to determined to find something wrong in my post instead.
We'll you're not going to read this; but the fact that you don't actually realise what it is you did to deserve that (a continued inability to admit that you were wrong about Voges (and anything in general) + telling me to STFU and know my place as a spin bowling and IPL expert) is just so consistent with your character. Absolutely terrible.

You really do have more in common with WW/Blocky/Fiery than you think you do.

Redbacks

International Captain
Including the Aus selectors, perhaps. That's the only reason I can think of why he didn't get the VC role after Clarke called it a day - a decision that seemed to be based on 2 or 3 poor matches in challenging conditions when pretty much the whole batting failed anyway.
I reckon he was going to be dropped if he didn't make that 50 in the 4th test in England and that might have been it. I think he was about to be penciled in as too good for state cricket but not quite up to test standard.

Redbacks

International Captain
A test ton is such a key moment in a players career, jammy or not, I always think it's worth acknowledging.