• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
What bet were you lining up btw? Do they ever pay out on the 'no fifty scored in the match' option if it's reduced overs?

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Occurred to me during the last game that Guptill might be well served by a season in the IPL, provided it's with a side that provides him enough game time. Apart from being one of the best T20 batsmen never to have played in the IPL, the two-month grind of playing against generally decent spin bowlers on slower pitches with the constant pressure to tick the scoreboard over could be really beneficial for certain aspects of his game. Don't know if he's committed to an English side for the winter, but pretty sure he won't gain much more from county cricket, from memory his time with Derbyshire didn't translate to much improvement in tests

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What bet were you lining up btw? Do they ever pay out on the 'no fifty scored in the match' option if it's reduced overs?
I was lining up for Williamson to score more than Guptill. But if it turns out to be a 20-over match due to rain then openers have much more chance than no. 3.

And to your question - no they don't

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From Cricinfo...

2.10pm Some good news filtering through, the rain has stopped for the moment and the groundstaff are at work.

2.50pm The umpires will take a look again at 3pm local, the covers are off for now.

3.10pm News from the inspection is the start time will be 3.40pm, with 24 overs a side. Toss shortly.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
gotta take pierera for runs here. Reckon Williamson opening with guptill would be better on the whole but I guess they don't want to dick latham around

Flem274*

123/5
gotpills is the lamest insulting name. gulptill/suckstill from bahnz were so much better, but then a kiwi was always going to do better than a little aussie

that's pretty sucky from latham

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While I'm now convinced Latham's up to it in the 50 overs form, he better not be one of our openers in the T20 WC, now we're McCullum-less.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
So is Guptill going to be the new McCullum in the post-McCullum era? He must be striking at 160 this series. Latham to come in and play the Guptill role.

Flem274*

123/5
damn kula losing most of his swing over the past couple of years actually helped there

old kula would have hooped it down leg