• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That free hit reminded me of a story.

When I was 10 and opening the batting the opposition coach and umpire came up to me and said because my team is older than you boys we are going to give you a free hit off the first ball. I didn't believe it and played a back foot defence. They were thoroughly dissapointed.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So what was a winnable total batting first? 320? 340?
I think 290/300 would've been a good total batting first. We weren't far off but:

1) Sri Lanka have batted thrillingly well.

2) We got our bowling selections wrong - this is really the kinda surface were you need more than one slow bowler.

3) NZ are reqlly missing some decent 6th bowling options. Kane's bowling has been garbage since he got his action straightened out.

vandem

International 12th Man
Good to see SL play well. Vandersay won't get MoM, but IMHO was the key bowler, the double-strike had the added bonus of making Kane play more carefully and meant that 300 - 340 wasn't on.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah SL have looked a class above with the bat today, and their slow bowling options. Sodhi would've done well here.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting interview from Kane. He doesn't like losing.
He's always been rather icy-cold hasn't he, underneath the temperate surface.

I can see him being the type of captain to personally administer whippings to the under-performers.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Shocked to see that we have managed to get over the line when I woke up this morning! Watched the NZ innings and thought we did OK with the ball however I did feel that with our previous batting displays that this score would be enough for the BC's.I will watch our innings soon but the scorecard looks solid..not sure what has changed with our batsmen but so glad it has so that we can at least make the series a bit more competitive.I still think we will lose but if we gonna lose I want us to show some backbone..well done SL. Another excellent innings from Williamson..

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

YorksLanka

International Debutant
He was (of course) at the Dunedin ODI's earlier in the year and he's gun imho. Some of the home crowd yobs tried to make fun of him but he carried through like a class act. The SL fans at the game were great.
Yeah in retrospect,maybe a tad harsh on my part on my thoughts on him..

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think 290/300 would've been a good total batting first. We weren't far off but:

1) Sri Lanka have batted thrillingly well.

2) We got our bowling selections wrong - this is really the kinda surface were you need more than one slow bowler.

3) NZ are reqlly missing some decent 6th bowling options. Kane's bowling has been garbage since he got his action straightened out.
Yup, Sodhi could have been handy on that deck.

Also, Southee has been utter mud as an ODI bowler since his 7-fer against England.