• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can report Parra vs South Eastern in the semis of the Moore Shield should be a belter this Sunday.
Happy to confirm this was the case, with Parra into the GF this Snday against Newcastle at home.

Bit of an epic game of cricket - we batted first on a field which had been top dressed - made 7/98 from 50 overs - highest score on that ground all season has been 99. Young bloke made 20 and was out swinging in the second last over. Was a top knock in the circumstances. We then strangled them hard with the ball and they made 9/92 from their overs. Jeez these kids bowl and field like demons. So good to watch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I thought that too but it's not been confirmed anywhere. Lots of players would be tempted to keep playing Shield cricket to keep themselves fit and seeing the ball well etc, but it'd probably just make Watson injured so I reckon he'll give it a miss. I wonder if he'll pop up in the Georgie Pie Super Smash.
Haha, would be so good if he did.
He did!

Five ball duck, out to Seth Rance of all people.

Spikey

Adam Collins ‏@collinsadam 10m10 minutes ago

A nightmarish shot from Finch to get out. Uncontrolled thrash, miles in the air; wrong time, wrong everything. Vics 5/70. #SheffieldShield

i'm so excited to see the footage

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty good catch from Head though on the replay, just the usual Finch dismissal.

Midwinter

State Captain
Vics in serious trouble here at 6/111, only Christian and Hastings left, then the 3 Number 11s.

looks like SA bowlers are using the conditions well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So we've now had maiden centuries from Dean, Heazlett, Lehmann and Renshaw this year. I've been thinking.. Does having 8 BBL teams and 7 Matador teams make 6 Shield teams look too few?

Perhaps I'm taking greater interest because of the Shield fantasy comp we are playing, but this year really feels like there are more Shield standard/on the fringe of selection cricketers compared to previous years.

TheJediBrah

So we've now had maiden centuries from Dean, Heazlett, Lehmann and Renshaw this year. I've been thinking.. Does having 8 BBL teams and 7 Matador teams make 6 Shield teams look too few?

Perhaps I'm taking greater interest because of the Shield fantasy comp we are playing, but this year really feels like there are more Shield standard/on the fringe of selection cricketers compared to previous years.
It's not just you, it's definitely happening. Usually it's the same 3 or 4 bats from each team dominating with centuries but this year it almost seems like the opposite has been happening with all the youngsters in their first season cracking the big scores.

Gnske

It's not just you, it's definitely happening. Usually it's the same 3 or 4 bats from each team dominating with centuries but this year it almost seems like the opposite has been happening with all the youngsters in their first season cracking the big scores.
Would like to see some post more than a beginning ton and string together some consistent scores so we don't end with Bailey/Dunk/Klinger as the top 3 runscorers for the season.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Jon Wells making an auspicious return to Shield cricket.
I feel a bit sorry for Marcus Harris. Gets MotM in the shield final with scores of 81 and 158*, sees his opening partner get selected for Aus A and is seen as the next big thing so makes the WA Matafor team ahead of him, then Harris gets dropped after 2 or 3 Shield games in a team missing Voges plus the Marshes.

adub

International Captain
Six Shield teams is plenty. Lots of young guys have made a score this year, but no one has really been consistent. A young guy needs to get up there with Bailey, Dunk, Klinger and Ferg. (granted the last two's seasons are built on one daddy hunge so far).

It's great we're finally looking like getting a few new talents coming through, but the standard of the comp isn't super strong atm, especially in the fast bowling ranks with quite a lot of guys not available who would be top class in the comp. Great for young guys to get a chance, but not necessarily testing the bats as much as could be.

Gnske

KPat clearly channeling his inner South African, Floros seemed to be giving him no flight to work with.

Midwinter

State Captain
well done to the Croweaters outbowling the Vics on their home ground.

It was probably as strong a team that VIc has put out this season.

The batting on each team was probably equal but Sayers, Worrall and Mennie did the job.