• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think they could if their keeper batted better than Ludeman. Ludeman at 6 is much more of a problem than Zampa at 7 IMO. I think they probably will try it though, at least at home, because otherwise it's Head and Cosgrove bowling a lot at Adelaide Oval..
Yeah, exactly. Didn't want to draw the ire of n00fers by criticising Luudes again, but Ludes @ 6 was the implicit contributing factor in my post.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Cowan
Maddinson
Patterson
Henriques
Rohrer
Carters +
Abbott
Copeland
O'Keefe
Sandhu
Bollinger

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
That said, the obligatory dropping of Rohrer to shuffle Carters up top and play Lenton is also a serious possibility. Rohrer the Nathan Lyon of NSW.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I'd make Carters keep now that Cowan has signed up too. I can see them batting Maddinson at three instead and leaving out Rohrer or Patterson though.

Also, I've been assuming Watto won't be playing Shield cricket, but I guess he might? I can't find anything in the reports about his retirement that say either way.

adub

International Captain
Carters will keep, and no I don't think Watson is playing Shield.

I think once the Test boys are gone the side will look very much like what Dan has listed. Hughes and Gibson might press for a top three spot, but it wouldn't shock me to see Moises batting 3. Would be great for his prospects if he can make a good fist of it too.

After the BBL Nev comes back so that will put some pressure on the likes of Patterson and Rohrer, but I can't see either missing many games after the first one up until Christmas.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think it's sorta implied that he's retired from FC cricket
Yeah I thought that too but it's not been confirmed anywhere. Lots of players would be tempted to keep playing Shield cricket to keep themselves fit and seeing the ball well etc, but it'd probably just make Watson injured so I reckon he'll give it a miss. I wonder if he'll pop up in the Georgie Pie Super Smash.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I thought that too but it's not been confirmed anywhere. Lots of players would be tempted to keep playing Shield cricket to keep themselves fit and seeing the ball well etc, but it'd probably just make Watson injured so I reckon he'll give it a miss. I wonder if he'll pop up in the Georgie Pie Super Smash.
Haha, would be so good if he did.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
NSW Squad announced for the first game:

Steve Smith (captain – Sutherland/Sutherland JCA)
Sean Abbott (Parramatta/Parramatta DCA)
Doug Bollinger (Fairfield-Liverpool/Parramatta DCA)
Ed Cowan (Sydney University/South Eastern JCA)
Josh Hazlewood (St George/Central Northern)
Moises Henriques (St George/Georges River-St George DCA)
Nathan Lyon (Northern District/Riverina)
Nic Maddinson (Eastern Suburbs/Southern)
Peter Nevill (Eastern Suburbs)
Stephen O’Keefe (Manly-Warringah/Hawkesbury DCA)
Mitchell Starc (Western Suburbs/Northern District CA)
David Warner (Randwick Petersham/South Eastern JCA)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dougeh twelfth man I guess.

Man I really hope there's a game this season where Henriques is the fifth bowler. It'll make me so happy.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It won't, because I get the feeling dermo Abbott has moved into PONI territory and will be picked irrespective, while Moz is genuinely a batsman these days now that he's learned how to score tons.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It won't, because I get the feeling dermo Abbott has moved into PONI territory and will be picked irrespective, while Moz is genuinely a batsman these days now that he's learned how to score tons.
Abbott might get injured or play ODIs though!

I just hope they don't decide to bat O'Keefe at 7 in that situation. :laugh:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dougeh twelfth man I guess.

Man I really hope there's a game this season where Henriques is the fifth bowler. It'll make me so happy.
Surely if Carters is picked as an opener we will have a properly balanced side. Of course him as a keeper will see 5 bowlers get picked.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
between this and the Libertarian thing...your dreams will never come true. Moz will never be picked as the 5th bowler again for NSW

adub

International Captain
WA Squad v Tassie
Adam Voges (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Marcus Harris, Michael Hogan, Mitchell Johnson, Michael Klinger, Simon Mackin, Mitch Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Joel Paris, Sam Whiteman.

Qld Squad v Vics
Usman Khawaja (c), Cameron Boyce, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Peter George, Chris Hartley, Scott Henry, James Hopes, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Reardon, Mark Steketee, Jack Wildermuth (12th man to be named). - See more at: Hopes Eyes MilestoneQueensland Cricket