• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be, leaving Steketee out for Feldman still strange unless its for rotation/injury reasons.

And Finch out leaving a straight one too, never change you hack.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It has to be said that QLD are such a boring batting lineup. I'm expecting a few "its not the only thing boring about QLD" comments but meh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
CAPassAlert

Joel Paris vs. Ben Dunk has been really good.

Dunk in the form of his life vs. a young quick who is bowling quick and well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tasmania being 4/63 looks really bad but I think its a difficult pitch for batting and a score of 220 or so would be good. I know Doolan hasn't set the world on fire but I think most people would back him to score more than Doran or Webster..

In the Victoria match, I am surprised 14 wickets have fallen. Vic's 180 was probably 100 short. SA are 4/103 so a wicket now and Vic might be leading going into the third innings. Stoinis struggles continue with the ball, he bowled really poorly in his 3 overs.

Last edited:

Gnske

QLD might be overflowing with mediocre looking newbies but at least Labuschagne, Heazlett and Renshaw all have tons this season now.

Still wondering where Forrest is when Reardon is in the side.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
QLD might be overflowing with mediocre looking newbies but at least Labuschagne, Heazlett and Renshaw all have tons this season now.

Still wondering where Forrest is when Reardon is in the side.
Reardon always looks like he has the potential to translate his strong Matador performances into the Shield but it just never happens. I did think that this would be his year, not proving to be the case at all.

Yes, your right the top 4 from QLD have all applied themselves and have been one of the least collapse prone top orders in the comp. It will be interesting to see who keeps there spot if Burns, Khawaja and Lynn are all back once the ODIs start.

Midwinter

State Captain
Another perfect day for cricket in Melbourne,a damp overcast morning and remaining overcast nearly all day the sun peeping through only for a couple of short periods.
It appeared the ball was swinging a bit and the pitch may have had a green tinge to it.
Quiney put together another great innings of 19 before he played too early, TDean then played too late. Handscomb was looking good before he and Stoinis were beaten by the swing. Finch left the ball and was possibly unlucky to be LBW ,it may have been going over the stumps.
Maxwell was the star always attacking and 3 consecutive 4's off Sayers being the highlight.
Christian got a leading edge probably getting carried by Maxwell scoring so freely and tried to the same instead of just turning over the strike. Hasting had an entertaining slog when Maxwell went out, as Vics were playing 3 number 11 batsmen
SA only used the 3 bowlers before lunch and Zampa had one over the end before Hastings was caught on the boundary.
Sayers was hit for 4 just about every over, Mennie bowled tightly, Worrall just seems to have a knack of being able to get people out.

Cooper and Cosgrove got off to a good start , Cosgrove being fairly adventurous. Hastings was off after 2 overs as was Tremain.
After tea Tremain had a tremendous burst probably due to swinging the ball. Cooper nicked off , Ferguson beaten , Cosgrove then went into his shell. Just when he hit some runs to bring up his 50 he had a shocking swat a short one from Tremain.
Head was busy, looked in touch. Lehmann looked ok but couldn't get the ball away for runs. Hasting did for both probably with a bit of away swing.
Ahmed was only brought on late in the day and as usual went for a few runs with Ross trying to sweep everything till he completely misjudged one and was out LBW, possibly unlucky but he deserved it after trying play the shot he did.
Zampa came in and has no hesitation hitting Ahmed around.
Stoinis just gave up runs, Boland was tight as usual got a couple of edges late in the day.
The Duke came back to his usual self in his second spell.

Other highlights
Due to the damp outfield there were 2 allrun 4's early on in the Vics innings.
After Head top edged Tremain for four, Tremain bowled one that was about 10 foot over the keeper's head, landed two/thirds of the way to boundary and went for 4 byes.
Handscomb the Victorian keeper was wearing his pads under his trousers. Is this now common ?

Last edited:

Gnske

Get him to confirm he was the guy who said the famed 'If I was captain or coach and someone showed me that much disrespect i'd fire them on the spot' quote from Brettig's book.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Sixers are pretenders. Scorchers got it right, but the marketing team made a typo.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na,

Last edited: