• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Niall

International Coach
This is an understatement
Any reason how Malik who was pretty much unplayable has only bowled 2 overs today? Heck even Yamin deserved another over today.

Anwar Ali has good attributes, gun in field (normally) and can smash a ball, but just isn't good enough to ever be bowled out in limited overs cricket, not consistent enough and pardon the crap pun, but is death at the death. Irfan was crap today as well.

I was reading an interview with Gul last night, such a shame that he is pretty much finished internationally, the team is crying out for him at his peak.:@

smash84

The Tiger King
Any reason how Malik who was pretty much unplayable has only bowled 2 overs today? Heck even Yamin deserved another over today.

Anwar Ali has good attributes, gun in field (normally) and can smash a ball, but just isn't good enough to ever be bowled out in limited overs cricket, not consistent enough and pardon the crap pun, but is death at the death. Irfan was crap today as well.

I was reading an interview with Gul last night, such a shame that he is pretty much finished internationally, the team is crying out for him at his peak.:@
yeah, afridi seems to be getting more and more brainless each day.

Should have bowled malik and yameen more. Both had bowled well but no sir. never expect Afridi to do the sensible thing

Anwar Ali is ok with the bat and in the field. I would choose a better bowler over his batting and fielding attributes any day

and shahzad, **** you

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lol Pakistan's running between the wickets

In this series, the real difference between the 2 teams have been in running between the wickets and fielding.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
And the batting and bowling.:ph34r:
I don't think so. If you don't consider running between the wickets, Pak batting hasn't been far behind England's. Similarly, with International-class fielding Pakistan bowling could have achieved much more than it has. The fact is that they lag faaaar behind the other teams regarding these 2 aspects of the game, except maybe West Indies who are almost equally comical.

England top-order batting and pace bowling hasn't at all been good in this series.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
I don't think so. If you don't consider running between the wickets, Pak batting hasn't been far behind England's. Similarly, with International-class fielding Pakistan bowling could have achieved much more than it has. The fact is that they lag faaaar behind the other teams regarding these 2 aspects of the game, except maybe West Indies who are almost equally comical.
They have had hacks in the batting though Pakistan, they only got respectability on the scoreboard in the first game due to the lower order and it was an awesome Afridi cameo that got them close in the last game.The openers and middle order haven't offered enough whatsoever.

Not to sure about the West Indies comparison either, Russell, Pollard and Dwayne are absolute beasts in the field, and guys like Sammy and Holder drop nothing. The only passengers are Ravi and Narine I think and neither will feature next year in the world cup.

But yeah, fielding and running, needs to improve drastically if they want to compete at next years world cup.