• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

FBU

International Debutant
What is our best T20 line up? Also our ODI? There are so many options its unreal.

I hope we don't play Jordan tomorrow but if there giving everyone 2 games he'll be back :thumbdown
20/20 - Hales Roy Vince Buttler Morgan Billings Ali Willey Rashid Finn Topley
(leaving out Root, Stokes, Jordan, Woakes, Parry, Plunkett, Bairstow, Wood, Taylor)
Vince has bowled in 20/20s if needed, econ 6.75

91Jmay

International Coach
We have a lot of options because we have so few nailed on starters. Lots of them are good players but literally two are proven.

Stace

First Class Debutant
20/20 - Hales Roy Vince Buttler Morgan Billings Ali Willey Rashid Finn Topley
(leaving out Root, Stokes, Jordan, Woakes, Parry, Plunkett, Bairstow, Wood, Taylor)
Vince has bowled in 20/20s if needed, econ 6.75
That's an entertaining side but I would rather have Broad instead of Willey. Willey has done ok but I think Broad and Topley would be better opening the bowling with Finn and Topley bowling at the death.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Willet is more useful in ODIs where he can put a new ball spell together and try for swing. Less effective in international t20 where he's only got 2 overs first up.

I think they will pick Woakes to bowl at the death and add to the lower order anyway. They seem pretty convinced there strangely

Howe_zat

Audio File
Our squad for the world t20 will be Roy, Hales, Moeen, Root, Morgan, Buttler, Billings, Bairstow/Vince, Rashid, Parry, Woakes, Broad, Plunkett, Finn/Topley, Jordan

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jesus, has Bumble only just discovered twitter? His spew over the last few days popping up on cricinfo has been dire as hell.

Niall

International Coach
Saj Sadiq @Saj_PakPassion
Haris Sohail's injury problems continue. PCB official informed me that Haris may need to travel overseas for surgery on his knee #Cricket

Grim news for Pakistan that, not the savior of their batting, but he was a big loss in the limited over series.

FBU

International Debutant
That's an entertaining side but I would rather have Broad instead of Willey. Willey has done ok but I think Broad and Topley would be better opening the bowling with Finn and Topley bowling at the death.
There is a rumour that Broad will be in the ODI and 20/20 squad to SA. As he isn't that great in ODIs it might be that it is to get white ball experience before the 20/20 World Cup. He has a very good 20/20 record. I thought that Broad and Anderson were left out of white ball cricket to concentrate on Tests.

You are right about Finn and Topley. Bowling at the death Woakes 11.54, Willey 11.33 compared to Finn 8.07, Topley 7.66. . I had Willey in there for his batting but down the order he hasn't come off.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No real surprise there. He's made his "name" opening in T20 so if he's being selected and the batting is a reason for that then he has to be selected to open.

Niall

International Coach
When you consider all the guns that Pakistan used to have for death bowling over the last few decades, its incredibly sad for Pakistan cricket to see an absolute hack like Anwar Ali bowl these overs.:mellow: