• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worth noting that the Brisbane test is likely to have a lot of interruptions due to rain. May or may not be enough to prevent a result, we'll wait and see.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Yeah unless Boult fires every single innings that's super unlikely.
Excellent as Boult has been in the last 18 months or so, it really comes down to how well he and Southee bowl in tandem (which is why Southee averaging 42 in the last 1 year is a slightly misleading stat - he's helped create a lot of those opportunities for Boult).

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I just think Aus's bowling attack is significantly better in these conditions, particularly beyond the new ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I feel like I'm missing something...I don't see what Haze has that will trouble Williamson more than Siddle? Especially going off his bowling in the Ashes.
Bounce+away movement. He's the perfect bowler to bowl to Williamson in Australian conditions and exploit that mistake he makes sometimes with that back foot cover drive of his. He doesn't do it as often anymore and when he does it seems a lot more controlled, but it's basically the worst possible shot to play in Australia and if anyone's going to make you pay for it it'll be a tall bowler who decks it away off the seam.

Burner

International Regular
More than anything in this series, I am looking forward to watching Williamson bat against the aussie quicks.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Predictions:

Result- NZ 2-0
Leading run scorer- Watling
Leading wicket taker- Boult
Surprise package- Craig
Biggest Failure- Starc
Surprise dropping- Voges

Flem274*

123/5
So much gambhiring about the batting. They have several newbies and usman khawaja ffs.

Be sad about Mitchell Johnson at the WACA. That scares me more than the mighty non-warner/smith batsmen facing southee and boult.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
You'd have to worry about Johnson at Brisbane too.
And Starc in Adelaide. These two sides have seen bugger-all of each other since the last test series in 2011, so who knows really.

You'd hope with all the Aussie focus on the usual suspects, it's a chance for the support cast (Latham, Watling etc) to use that to their advantage. Taylor another one who has got surprisingly little mention in the build up. Equally I hope the kiwis have some definite ideas about tackling Nathan Lyon. Last time around he was good enough to win the individual battle against KW and would pretty much clean up the lower order on his own.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Both sides are just as prone IMO but NZ are more likely to recover from a collapse than Australia; or at least, recover better - even if Australia's tail is damn good.
I'd say NZ have a better partnership with the ball but the individual parts Australia have are more capable of knocking us over. They may not compliment each other as well but they have both venom and variety.

I'd say we're more likely to get knocked over cheap.