• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

nevermind

U19 Debutant
What's happened to Johnson's pace? During the India series he appeared to have an injury (finger) but I can't recall him even hitting 144-147km consistently let alone the 150km range he was reaching during the Ashes/SA series. In fact he would easily reach that pace even in his last spell of the day... now he seems to have dropped in pace further.

Not that he's bowling that badly, I thought he was quite good in the UAE without result and against India he had a lot of catches go down off his bowling.

Concern or no?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
What's happened to Johnson's pace? During the India series he appeared to have an injury (finger) but I can't recall him even hitting 144-147km consistently let alone the 150km range he was reaching during the Ashes/SA series. In fact he would easily reach that pace even in his last spell of the day... now he seems to have dropped in pace further.

Not that he's bowling that badly, I thought he was quite good in the UAE without result and against India he had a lot of catches go down off his bowling.

Concern or no?
Wait until he gets a decent pitch for him to bowl on. Zero point going at 150 on this, actually makes him less effective.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Concern or no?
Bowling on nothing but sh*tty flat decks that aren't conductive to pace for the last year or so will do that to you.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
Ya fair enough, and he seems to have decided to vary his pace even more on these decks (a lot of cutters/slower balls etc).

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Dowrich and Marlon performing their own personal protests at shivs omission by trying to bat like him....

Niall

International Coach

Concern or no?
Also was ROFL bad in the IPL as well, I dunno maybe he is just a bit knackered?

Pakistan sat on him and played him very well, no chances were taken and they just smashed everyone else, can be tough work when guys like Azhar, Younis and Misbah get in on those slow pitches, they give you nothing.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing like a spell from TPC to ruin everything.

Samuels double ton confirmed.

Niall

International Coach
Don't do something boring and sensible and take off Smith, he will travel, but you can see Samuels gifting his wicket to him.