• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

Hooksey

Banned
A very handy asset, and fair to say it has meant the difference between us winning and losing a few test matches over recent years.

Didn't see much yesterday but fair play to Voges. Talk about making an impact.

Always good to see a debutant do his stuff whatever age and whatever nation. Makes you realise the game will always carry on in fine fettle no matter how many great players we may have lost over the last few years.
"the game" carried on after Grace, Bradman and Sober's retiring. It will carry on with whoever retired 2010 onwards.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watching the highlights, and can someone please tell me how the **** Marlon Samuels gets away with his "bowling" in this day and age. The wicket of Hazlewood, he literally just walked up and threw the ball down the pitch, hardly even looked like he was pretending to bowl it

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watching the highlights, and can someone please tell me how the **** Marlon Samuels gets away with his "bowling" in this day and age. The wicket of Hazlewood, he literally just walked up and threw the ball down the pitch, hardly even looked like he was pretending to bowl it
It's a test match, the inferior version on the game doesn't deserve maximum and legitimate effort and Samuels knows this very well.

Smart bloke.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I wish he didn't get away with it. Ramdin gives him far too many overs, usually when the game is in the balance, and it kills me.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What happened to Deonarine? Wasn't he an okay second spinner + a decent bat at 6/7? Or am I mis-remembering?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
As someone recently pointed out to me, if you get Dwayne Bravo back in the mix we could play 5 bowlers every time. Dwayne used to open the batting for T & T. Given our current problems in that position I'd honestly have him back in the setup in a heartbeat. We've got nothing to lose and gain much needed experience, a decentish seam option and brilliant fielder.

That way the team would be:

Kraigg Braihtwaite
Dwayne Bravo
Darren Bravo
Shai Hope/Shane Dowrich
Marlon Samuels
Jermaine Blackwood
Denesh Ramdin (wk, c)
Jason Holder
Veerasammy Permaul/Carlos Brathwaite/Shannon Gabriel/Kemar Roach
Devendra Bishoo
Jerome Taylor

To me that is a much stronger bowling attack and is a bit of a no-brainer if Phil's talk with the IPL lot went well.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
When did Roach fall below Taylor in the pecking order??
Has lost pace and venom after the injury - was evident in the World Cup and then in the 1st test against England

But I still think he's better than Gabriel. Ambrose thinks otherwise, and I respect his opinion.

Niall

International Coach
I'm actually surprised that they didn't go with 2 spinners. Permaul looks decentish if a bit jammy.
Agreed.

Easy to be wise after the event, but surely Ramdin and selectors would have some clue of how the pitch would take spin?