• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

adub

International Captain
Well done Voges. Gotta say the man's in the God Zone. Just makin runs for fun. I don't know how they will fit him in, but he surely must be a lock for the Ashes in this form. The crack on the head might have done for Buck's test career, although Watto and SMarsh would want some runs soonish too.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh dear. WI to lose by an innings. WIth Lyon operating at one end and the quicks circulating at the other this could be all over by lunch.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well done Voges. Gotta say the man's in the God Zone. Just makin runs for fun. I don't know how they will fit him in, but he surely must be a lock for the Ashes in this form. The crack on the head might have done for Buck's test career, although Watto and SMarsh would want some runs soonish too.
Easy, surely? Rogers comes in straight for Marsh, the rest of the order stays fixed.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So happy for Voges, hope we give him every game we can, deserves it. Bloke looked a class apart on that pitch amidst the folly of Watto, SPD and Baddin this morning.

Last edited:

Hooksey

Banned
Voges is just making runs for fun at the moment and I just knew when he was sitting 20 no overnight he was going to cash in.

Great problem to have when you are struggling to fit everyone in because people like Voges are kicking the door down for a spot.

U19 12th Man
Our bowling attack is stupidly good. And the bowlers with the most raw talent - Pattinson and Cummins - aren't even in the squad. Ryan Harris said a couple of years ago that the current attack with him and Johnson was good, but the attack coming up from underneath would be iron-fisted dominant.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Till the 2012/13 season, Voges averages 40 in FC cricket. Since then, he is has averaged 70 in 29 games. A few years back, no one thought of Voges as a test player.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely Watto has to be on the brink as the guy hasn't scored any runs since puss was a kitten

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Think it was Dujon on commentary who said Voges balances out the flair players like Warner, Smith and Clarke. It's good to have a boring but reliable guy when there's alot of stroke makers. He did play some nice shots to get to 100 when he thought he might get stranded tbf.
Cake/icing etc.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember when Voges played in an ODI series years back and took a great catch or made some valuable runs, prompting Nafe to post "Voges I love you, even if the world thinks you're 16 And Fail".

From now on I shall refer to Voges as "16AF", in honour of this great post.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I love Hads getting out to a nut like that. Wonder if he had any choice words for the pitch for being so generous, or the bails for playing favourites and falling off.

Daemon

I hope WI are real nice and polite to him. Offer him full tosses which he gets out on because he's weirded out by all the niceness.

Shady Slim

International Coach
does hazlewood have an average yet because when he's made runs he goes big

nah seriously though he's made either 0* or like 35* every time

flibbertyjibber

Didn't see much yesterday but fair play to Voges. Talk about making an impact.

Always good to see a debutant do his stuff whatever age and whatever nation. Makes you realise the game will always carry on in fine fettle no matter how many great players we may have lost over the last few years.