• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS. Who the **** gets the platter: Pick two out of Ishant, Binny and Pankaj: and goes for the first two!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yes Jadeja tips Ashwin for his all round ability.

Anyway I don't mind Binny, need to play 5 bowlers no matter the cost, even if its binny. Ishant playing is way more of a disappointment.
I think Jadeja is ahead of Ashwin because Ashwin has done SFA with the ball overseas.

Actually Ashwin's batting record is pretty good for that level of batsman and probably more reliable than Jadeja in England.

Dhoni called Jadeja a very good batsman at the toss. Whatever.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ashwin averages somewhere around 75 in abroad tests. There could have been a case for him today, seeing England have got 4 left-handers in their batting line-up but I'm happy going for Jadeja's straight breakers, atleast for the first test

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't hate the Binny selection in that India definitely need more bowling; I just think it should be Ashwin ahead of him. Ashwin could be a real trump card on English wickets, which tend to offer a bit for the spinners these days.

The selection I hate is Ishant Sharma, but even that's justifiable given his NZ tour.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin averages somewhere around 75 in abroad tests. There could have been a case for him today, seeing England have got 4 left-handers in their batting line-up but I'm happy going for Jadeja's straight breakers, atleast for the first test
Would've persistedwwith Ashwin for a couple more tours tbh. He'll get better.

Ideally I'd pick Ojha but whatever.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Ishant will go ok. I may be anti jinxing or pre-emptively protecting myself from a "taste it" barrage, but there you go.

Blocky

Banned
Be interesting seeing how the Indian batsman find the English seamers - as a comparison between England and NZ's seam attacks. I currently have NZ as a better attack.