• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe I've said this before but I've always liked Vijay. He doesn't have the best technique in the world and gets out in stupid ways sometimes but he has a really good cricketing brain and understanding of the dynamics of cashing in.
You're the anti-Dan

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I believe I've said this before but I've always liked Vijay. He doesn't have the best technique in the world and gets out in stupid ways sometimes but he has a really good cricketing brain and understanding of the dynamics of cashing in.

Scoring runs on flat wickets is an underrated ability when most international openers in the world right now can't even do that.

Runs in SA was pretty important for him though.

Teja.

Global Moderator
You'd play two SLAs in the XI? The only way Ojha gets a game this series is if Ashwin or a batsman replaces Jadeja.
Yeah, I realize that bowling line up isn't ideal. It was a 'Sharma is so **** that...' post.

Daemon

Beauty.

Look at this clown on Cricinfo -

Andy: "When was the last time Broad and Anderson ran through an opposition top order and had them 3 or 4 down for not very many? Is it time England looked at alternatives? Both are now averaging more than 30 in Tests."

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Beauty.

Look at this clown on Cricinfo -
Happened, like, six times to us down here.

I really don't get why people are suddenly going off Anderson and Broad. What happened at Headingley was far more down to Cook than them.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Dhawan missed out big time eh? Reckon play for reverse after Lunch tbh, no bite in the pitch at all but plenty of practice wickets.

Daemon

Is this Dravid? Sounds really different.

edit: yeah, sounds like has the flu

Teja.

Global Moderator
Anderson and Broad have 420+ wickets between themselves both at an average of 28 in the last five years. Not having to worry about your opening bowling combination for over half a decade must be dreamy.