• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

King Pietersen

International Captain
Prior's training with the gloves on, but has strapping on his right thigh, and is feeling tightness in it apparently. I'd imagine he'll be fine, calling up Jos must just be a precaution, doubt he'll get a game.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People like him rarely disappoint when finally given the chance :)
I really don't know. I'm pretty anxious about him tbh. Personally think he's got the tools to be a decent bowler for us, but he's been completely ignored for years. Hopefully the nerves don't get to him.

This is all assuming Dhoni doesn't stick with Ishant for all 5 Tests even if he gets a smashed.

Teja.

Global Moderator
20 hours to go.

3:30 pm Indian time is the absolute ideal time for test cricket for me. College ends at 2:45 pm and I still have the night for cramming/WC.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Pankaj and Pandey should play all five Tests, with Bhuvneshwar and one of Aaron/Shami. These are the bowlers in form. Ishant shouldn't get a single game. This experience factor is humbug when the most experienced bowler has touched a strike rate of 80 and an average in the high 30s- you can't win Tests for India with this bowler.

Flem274*

123/5
Weren't you wrong about the last crop of SC quicks to come to England?
No, because they're still rubbish unless Prasad backs it up. Eranga is decent and I said so at the time.

Kulasekara, Lakmal, Prasad, Pradeep...before one Prasad inspired performance you would have been one of the few on the forum to give them a show in hell because lets be honest - they don't look much.

smash84

The Tiger King
Imagine a test series starting on a beautiful English summer day. Full house with opening English batsmen taking guard. And ishant sharma running in to bowl. The last bit completely ruins it doesn't it?

CCan somebody please pay Dhoni to keep Ishant out of the side?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
No, because they're still rubbish unless Prasad backs it up. Eranga is decent and I said so at the time.

Kulasekara, Lakmal, Prasad, Pradeep...before one Prasad inspired performance you would have been one of the few on the forum to give them a show in hell because lets be honest - they don't look much.
Was just sayin'... :p, I think you're still being a little harsh on Lakmal there too, we shall see one day.

The achievements of the Sri Lankan attack should be noted by the Indians though in all seriousness, each Sri Lankan bowler had less talent than their counterpart individually but they bowled to their plans better and that's what got the results.