• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Imagine a test series starting on a beautiful English summer day. Full house with opening English batsmen taking guard. And ishant sharma running in to bowl. The last bit completely ruins it doesn't it?
The fact that it would be Cook facing up kinda makes it so bad that it's good though

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Abhishek Purohit is quickly becoming my favourite cricinfo writer.

I think Ben Stokes coming in for Jordan strengthens both bowling and batting considerably.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't Pandey just another dibbly dobbly?
Or you prefer the rapid-fire spray cannon Umesh Yadav? Pandey is a dibbly-dobbly who gobbled Ranji wickets and also dented some South African batting sides in the A-team series. Fair, he didn't do much in the IPL despite Dhoni being very generous, but he's the in-form bowler.
Terrible interview, fmd
Time for Ishant Sharma to take responsibility, says Glenn McGrath | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Great bowler that he was Glenn sucks at giving interviews. Just paraphrases the questions and parrots them
I've also heard of anchors who interview him poorly. During the 2002 Champs Trophy in SL, Sony MAX (then infamous for ridiculously poor and trivial coverage) had him in the studio. Plenty could be asked about his bowling, but guess what, they asked him about his batting!

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't matter -- as long as you're there for the third you'll get to see your boi Kohli :ph34r:

EDIT:
****. This joke doesn't work nearly as well with Pujara batting 3. Fail.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
10.15 am First news of the day: Stuart Binny has got his Test cap from Dhoni.. That means India are playing five bowlers.

FFS.

And now Ishant better not be one of those bowlers. Damn it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
While Rohit has not been great shakes with the bat overseas, I do think we will miss his reasonably reliable second slip catching abilities :( Who are our slips gonna be now? :(

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Binny. Urghhh.

Feeling for Rohit. He hasn't exactly been great overseas but there were some signs in NZ that he was getting better. Disappointing decision.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Stokes in for Jordan. Very interesting selection.

Was Jadeja ahead of Ashwin expected?
Yes Jadeja tips Ashwin for his all round ability.

Anyway I don't mind Binny, need to play 5 bowlers no matter the cost, even if its binny. Ishant playing is way more of a disappointment.