• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, this is all over bar shouting. Well done Rahane, an excellent, chance less innings. Hoping for a classy 100 from KW to help us avoid an innings loss tomorrow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kohli and Rahane were hitting straight drives to me all day. Brilliant.

They let us go on th ground today at lunch. Was magnificent, I love the Basin!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha love it, about time a call went our way. Although there wasn't as much proof this time around but seriously we should have a good 20 runs in this test match for that.
I know DoG's call in reply was a bad one, but the **** calls in the first test were pretty much even so your call isn't exactly any better.

Also, given the number of no balls that Ishant was bowling in the first innings which weren't called, it just shows how poor the umpiring has been overall that they let the no ball line drift until there's a wicket - or they're now so inclined not to watch the no ball line and rely on the replays, that you get guys like Corey Anderson where the umpire review never even comes.

Rahane was superb today. Absolutely superb. An effortless ton if ever there was one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Excuse me?

You've won a test match because of a coin toss.
Yep stupid BCCI and India doctoring their home pitch, wait it's an away game.

Stupid nz cricket bowing to Indian pressure to prepare flat tracks like we were claiming in 2009. Wait no this was a green wicket.

I guess the new one can be just blaming BCCI for rigging the toss.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Or blaming the BCCI for getting Ross Taylor's wife pregnant as was discussed at the ground today.

JBH001

International Regular
Rahane's knock today was just lovely. Heading along to the Basin after lunch tomorrow - hope we are going well and that KW brings up a 100.

I'll be bummed if we lose three in the morning session though. That would throw all my plans into the air. :-/

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Oh, and does someone have the full video of the Boult catch on Rahane. From the ground, it looked like he was running around like a circus clown trying to catch a baby from a burning building before miraculously catching it.

Would make a great .gif to put up when someone makes a wild prediction based on spurious evidence which incredibly turns out to be correct.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indeed. You should have flown down as well ya dog.
Yeah, thought about it. I was actually thinking of going to Days 1, 4 and 5 and going to the Auckland Nines on Days 2 and 3 of the Test, but Wellington and Auckland were just too far apart to make it a good idea.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Forget the distance, assuming the game would go to 5 days was not a good idea :p
Haha, even if it only went for one I would've got some cricket and rugby league in and been happy. I would've liked to stay in the one spot and just travel each day to the grounds though, and it just takes too ****ing long to get from Wellington to Auckland, even if I picked a spot right in the middle.

Jelly, all the same.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

It literally takes less time to get from the Basin to Auckland (via plane) than it does to get from Sydney to Penrith via non-express train.

At least in my experience.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It literally takes less time to get from the Basin to Auckland (via plane) than it does to get from Sydney to Penrith via non-express train.

At least in my experience.
Yeah I'm sure that's right but I don't think catching two planes every single day was really all that practical an idea, especially since I could just do that from Sydney anyway. :p

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
happy birthday.

I think you should be a bit more optimistic. 200 all out.
happy birthday!

on my birthday we tried to lose the auckland test. all on you to make birthdays lucky again.
Happy birthday and let's hope those birthday presents arrive.

Please let the ball move today.
HB mate. I know it's uncharacteristic of me, but I have a feeling we'll storm back into contention in this mornings session. We can't bowl as poorly as yesterday again.
Cheers guys. Pity India didn't play along.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How many does Rutherford need today to hand the 'worst batsman in the team' title to Fulton? I know Rutherford (36 at 12) currently averages a whopping 4 more runs for the series than Fulton (32 at 8) but Fulton started the series with a slightly lesser recent history of crapness than Rutherford. I know I've suggested Fulton should be retained marginally ahead of Rutherford but really it's like discussing whether a carrot or a spoon is more useful in trying to open a locked door and I no longer care much which is kept and which is dropped.

Latham to please score runs today so it looks like our other options are not just as poor.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
How many does Rutherford need today to hand the 'worst batsman in the team' title to Fulton? I know Rutherford (36 at 12) currently averages a whopping 4 more runs for the series than Fulton (32 at 8) but Fulton started the series with a slightly lesser recent history of crapness than Rutherford. I know I've suggested Fulton should be retained marginally ahead of Rutherford but really it's like discussing whether a carrot or a spoon is more useful in trying to open a locked door and I no longer care much which is kept and which is dropped.

Latham to please score runs today so it looks like our other options are not just as poor.
Spoon seems more unless the carrot is sturdy and can be crafted to unlock the door.

Frost

U19 Debutant
He needs 50+ at least in my opinion. KW is pretty secure for a few, A big partnership between the two will bring nz right back into the game. Having said that not sure if Lathem is eny good so its upto Mcullum and Kw yet again. Pitch is flat, should hold no demons for the nz batsman. Should be no exuses today

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah I'm sure that's right but I don't think catching two planes every single day was really all that practical an idea, especially since I could just do that from Sydney anyway. :p
Wot?

Friday: Watch Basin test, fly to Auckland after play
Saturday/Sunday: Watch 9s, stay in Auckland. Fly down to Wellington after 9s on Sunday or early flight on Monday
Monday: Watch cricket at the Basin
Tuesday: Spare day as cricket has ended early

Flight costs ~ $200
Number of flights in total: 2