• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
While I agree that was a stupid thing to do, it's only a lottery if both teams bowl decently and because of the pitch, both batting lineups get bowled out cheaply. Regardless of the state of the pitch, NZ have bowled piss. We've batted far better so far as well
I agree that NZ haven't batted or bowled particularly well, but honestly it sounded like only Ishant bowled well. Zaheer was poor and Shami seems to have been gifted his wicket.

India certainly had the better conditions to bowl in, but yeah the NZ bowlers should be doing better than this.

I'm not really panicking though, there were odd 20 over blocks when NZ bowled poorly vs West Indies but came back the next session/day to blow them away. It's going to be a bit tougher with India, and India are still definitely on top, but I'm expecting it to be a bit more difficult for them tomorrow.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's too late. Once I attend a day of cricket I count it as one of the games. If history repeats itself India are ****ed.
The only comfort I can take in that stat is that all four of them were away tests and we always lose those anyways.

OverratedSanity

I agree that NZ haven't batted or bowled particularly well, but honestly it sounded like only Ishant bowled well. Zaheer was poor and Shami seems to have been gifted his wicket.

India certainly had the better conditions to bowl in, but yeah the NZ bowlers should be doing better than this.

I'm not really panicking though, there were odd 20 over blocks when NZ bowled poorly vs West Indies but came back the next session/day to blow them away. It's going to be a bit tougher with India, and India are still definitely on top, but I'm expecting it to be a bit more difficult for them tomorrow.
Na, Shami was good. Gifted a wicket, but it was the result of some good bowling. Zaheer though was bad.

Agree that we still have a long way to go though. Depends a lot on how Dhawan and Ishant start tomorrow. If any early movement is seen off by Ishant somehow, things could get ugly for NZ if Kohli gers stuck in. Nz need atleast 3 wickets in the first session

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
going out tonight jono?
Yeah about to check out some Wellington night life but my AFL team are playing and the match is being shown live here which is keeping me in my room. So cool they show AFL here.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
So I guess the moral of the story is don't train with Yuvraj Singh if you want to do well in tests. ****ing France.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah about to check out some Wellington night life but my AFL team are playing and the match is being shown live here which is keeping me in my room. So cool they show AFL here.
Head to Four Kings to watch some sport.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
howsie gonna be showing us some skin.
Good indication of the 'just give it, bitch' mentality you often see in a bullish and overextended agribusiness. As someone who joined Cribb in putting a few dollars on India at $2.80, I wouldn't mind seeing it all unwind spectacularly tomorrow.

Zinzan

While I agree that was a stupid thing to do, it's only a lottery if both teams bowl decently and because of the pitch, both batting lineups get bowled out cheaply. Regardless of the state of the pitch, NZ have bowled piss. We've batted far better so far as well
I only saw the last 10-12 overs and 'piss' is probably an apt simile for NZs bowling. Flabbergasted they didn't just concentrate on bowling a good tight line and length. The McHesson's often use the phrase 'horses for courses' yet their bowling tactics were so so wrong on that deck. Credit has to go to Darwan, although he must have thought it was Diwali day with all the short and wide garbage. Darwan's a classic 'bore-out' batsman for me, just dot him for 7-8 deliveries and he'll likely play a rash stroke.

Still think there's an outside chance of India collapsing in the morning if NZ have a bit a luck although they'll need to be an order of magnitude better with the ball tomorrow.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
after what has been a fantastic season, jesse ryder making a pillock of himself seems to have de stabilized the team, but NZ still has a chance to pull this back but must keep india's lead below 50 or the job will be up.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
My birthday today so expecting we bowl India out for 250 then (hahaha) our openers last 15 overs, Latham scores a patient 50 and the middle lower order come in against the old ball to do the businesss. That is all.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
My birthday today so expecting we bowl India out for 250 then (hahaha) our openers last 15 overs, Latham scores a patient 50 and the middle lower order come in against the old ball to do the businesss. That is all.
happy birthday.

I think you should be a bit more optimistic. 200 all out.

Flem274*

123/5
happy birthday!

on my birthday we tried to lose the auckland test. all on you to make birthdays lucky again.

Meridio

International Regular
Happy birthday and let's hope those birthday presents arrive.

Please let the ball move today.