• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Shri

Mr. Glass
Perfect day to be inside with the air-con on full blast while watching some good quality cricket.

If India manage to see off the new ball, who knows what could happen here, they do bat deep after all.

My pick is 85-1 at stumps.
Good call.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket fans in Auckland aren't particularly fond of Eden Park which doesn't help
Which is rather silly. It's a fantastic ground to watch cricket. I've been there all 3 days and it's been superb.

Lovely location in Kingsland too. Good bars and cafes.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Code:
Carl Carchopa	1411	36.17	CD/NZA	
NT Broom	1170	36.56	Otag/NZA
JM How		1026	33.09	CD
BS Wilson	792	24.00	ND
SJ Murdoch	779	24.34	Well
JM Brodie	679	29.52	Well
TG McIntosh	603	31.73	Auck
GH Worker	588	21.00	Cant/NZA
JAF Yovich	584	30.73	ND
BS Smith	506	36.14	CD
AP Devcich	446	23.47	ND/NZA
RJ Nicol 	383	27.35	Cant/Glouc
The other blokes who can open... or can try.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Scoring 250 tomorrow for 3 or 4 wickets will be gun. 330 or 340/5 with 60 odd to get on day 5 would be awesome with one of Kohli or Pujara still batting.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Which is rather silly. It's a fantastic ground to watch cricket. I've been there all 3 days and it's been superb.

Lovely location in Kingsland too. Good bars and cafes.
Yeah I went today and really enjoyed it despite India dominating most of the day. Got to lie down across the seats all day due to the small crowd which made viewing more comfortable :happy:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah I'm done with complaining about "having" Ishant. He's **** but so are all our other options. Shami looks like he could be good but not like he came to the party in the first innings hey?

**** it, whether Ishant is **** or not he's always going to be in the team. May as well get some wickets every now and then.

FMD if we win this it will be our best win since Cape Town 2010. Maybe even better.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it strikes me as a real failure on behalf of both the NZC and Auckland Cricket, that a city of 1.5 million continues to produce crowds smaller than those that come along to the test matches at Wellington and Hamilton, especially when you consider how massive the local indian community is.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Re: the crowds, I feel like deciding to go to the Wellington test instead of Auckland was a good thing (thanks PEWS).

Having said that, tomorrow looks like it may be an epic finish. Being there for that would be awesome.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah well, I've done my usual thing and piled my precious life savings on an India win. C'mon bankruptcy!

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Re: the crowds, I feel like deciding to go to the Wellington test instead of Auckland was a good thing (thanks PEWS).

Having said that, tomorrow looks like it may be an epic finish. Being there for that would be awesome.
The crowd looked much smaller than it was because we were quite spaced out in a relatively large stadium.
The atmosphere was fantastic. You would've enjoyed it.
Kids were playing cricket on the outer oval during the lunch breaks and there's a lovely concourse that you get to walk around.

The boundaries aren't actually that small now that the've sorted a smarter place to lay the wicket and that they haven't brought the ropes in to make it tiny.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah I'm done with complaining about "having" Ishant. He's **** but so are all our other options. Shami looks like he could be good but not like he came to the party in the first innings hey?

**** it, whether Ishant is **** or not he's always going to be in the team. May as well get some wickets every now and then.

FMD if we win this it will be our best win since Cape Town 2010. Maybe even better.
Jono and Ishant sitting in a tree K I S S I N G

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I honestly think India will be bowled out for about 260. Still this NZ team has always had a habit of dropping games that are pretty much a done deal.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well what a cracker we have here!!...thought India were dead and burried but i must give them credit...i totally wrote off their attack yesterday but they came up trumps big time here....was it too little too late though? we'll see.

Only two teams around these days i could see chasing down 400!!..one is SA and the other is India...Clearly the first session tomorrow is vital...Dhawan still being there is brilliant for india because if he has a good first 20 minutes and gets another 30/40 quick runs then it sets india up nicely for when Kholi comes to the crease.

You can't count out this NZ pace trio though and they seem to be getting better and better...but the lack of a truly decent spinner might come back to haunt them here...we can't forget what happened recently in the first test vs WI...if Southee and Boult start to tire then NZ will be in trouble.

Last edited: