• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

pup11

International Coach
Johnson, the guy who repeatedly avoided the IPL?

There's plenty of things to criticise him about, but not sure being a money chaser is one.
Johnson is the same guy who said that he was contemplating quitting the game because of his poor form before he got injured in South Africa, now between then and now not much has changed, he was bowling **** then and he is bowling **** now, so its hard to find any other real motivation behind him playing for Australia other than money.
Apart from CA no other employer in the world would ever put you in the top salary bracket despite being a mediocre performer, hence guys like Johnson and Watson are making the most of it while it lasts.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why on earth have they picked a vice-captain who only 'sometimes' plays for the team? That is utterly bonkers!
He was basically the only option. (Plus Howard wasn't on board at the time anyway). Clearly they didn't consider Haddin, Hussey and Ponting (Haddin was VC for the last Ashes test when Clarke took over, but given he didn't get the FT job he was presumably not considered), the 4 bowlers at the time couldn't get it because they were all on the verge of being dropped (Siddle/MJ/Hilf/spinner), so there's 7 names gone. Katich's replacement (Hughes) and the number 6 replacement (Usman at first) obviously weren't getting it, so that's 9 options ruled out. And Clarke couldn't be the VC, so there's Watson, last man standing.

Also:

When asked if he accepted he'd done the wrong thing by not filling out the forms as asked, he had by not doing it ''at the exact time''.

''I, with a few other guys, took it as leading into the Test match and I got that extremely wrong, which meant that it's cost me a Test match,'' he said. ''They [the leadership group] obviously thought that was the right decision for the team at this point in time. I accept that I did the wrong thing with what I did, but I will always find it very hard to accept being suspended from a Test match for my country.
Watson wastes no time in hitting out

amazing

Spikey

also, does anyone have Ed Cowan's phone number? Got a question for him

All I can really say is go around and ask every person I've ever played cricket with and that will give you the best indication of whether I'm a team man or not.

Spikey

and the news ltd version

Recent sackings a consequence of cultural breakdown in Australian cricket | The Courier-Mail

They include players:

SHOWING up late for team meetings and training sessions;

MISSING medical and physiotherapy appointments;

SLEEPING in and holding up the team bus;

WEARING the wrong uniforms;
Michael Clarke and Mickey Arthur

A cultural breakdown in Australian cricket forced the hands of Michael Clarke (L) and coach Mickey Arthur.

FAILING to consistently complete CA health and well-being forms;

RECORDING fluctuating skin-folds, with some players deemed overweight.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Johnson is the same guy who said that he was contemplating quitting the game because of his poor form before he got injured in South Africa, now between then and now not much has changed, he was bowling **** then and he is bowling **** now, so its hard to find any other real motivation behind him playing for Australia other than money.
Apart from CA no other employer in the world would ever put you in the top salary bracket despite being a mediocre performer, hence guys like Johnson and Watson are making the most of it while it lasts.
Johnson was arguably our best bowler in the Australian summer and scored a 90 odd in a test with the bat

uvelocity

International Coach
I wonder what days it was watson slept in
and how far over the kpi skinfolds johnson blew out to
and how many physio sessions young patto cbf for

seems stuff which players should be put on notice about

Spikey

it's one thing to be overweight, but more or less stay at your weight during a tour, and then another thing for your weight to be all over the place, which is what it sounds like the problem here is

and cosgrove is obese

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
This seems to be comparable to a really toxic office environment where those at the the top have called in Management Consultants who suggest pointless, flavour of the moment, buzzwords (Mission Statement anyone?) and ideas that mean, and achieve nothing but fool the management into thinking they are moving things forward. And lumping everyone together instead of seeing who each individual likes to operate differently.

Some of the reports here also suggets that certain members of the team have a great sense of entitlement without the record to deserve it (and even those with such a record should know it can go quickly).

I'm reminded of two great coaches - Clive Woodward (England Rugby) and Jimmy Johnson (Dallas Cowboys Superbowl Winner).

Woodward ensured his players were extremely well looked after - treated like VIPs in fact - but they knew that meant they had to work and behave in a manner which respected that treatment. This applied to everyone and, consequently, the top players set the mark that newer players kept to. With this in place all players were dealt with as individuals and an opinion from a debutant would be given the same weight as one from Martin Johnson, Richard Hill etc.

I can sum up Jimmy Johnson's philosphy in one quote from him (great advice for a parent, or teacher, or anyone): "If you treat someone as they are they will remain what they are. If you treat them as the could be and they should be they will BECOME what they could be and they should be."

Oh, and this situation :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: