• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what is the team going to be

I'd pick

Warner
Hughes - at least play him in position
Cowan
Clarke
Moises
Smith
Haddin
Maxwell - hail mary
Starc
Siddle
Doherty

****ing horrible but it's all we have

dermo

International Vice-Captain
So what is the team going to be

I'd pick

Warner
Hughes - at least play him in position
Cowan
Clarke
Moises
Smith
Haddin
Maxwell - hail mary
Starc
Siddle
Doherty

****ing horrible but it's all we have
nah lyon for maxwell, between smith and warner they can do just as much as maxwell with the ball (not much)

surprised maxwell completed his journal entry, probably copied wade's

Son Of Coco

nah lyon for maxwell, between smith and warner they can do just as much as maxwell with the ball (not much)

He probably paid someone online to do it for him.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had one of the players involved come out and say:

• Punishment was fair enough;
  • The exercise asked of them was valuable for the team;
  • They have no one to blame but themselves

But CW says it was too harsh, too stupid and all Micky Arthur's fault so I guess that's settled.

Spikey

Ken Sutcliffe @Ken_Sutcliffe
With a wry grin on his face Shane Watson tells 9 news at Singapore Airport he's been suspended for not doing his homework..Exclusive at 6.
stunning

uvelocity

International Coach

But CW says it was too harsh, too stupid and all Micky Arthur's fault so I guess that's settled.
we want boof

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
But nobody knew that the 200-300 words stood between them and a Test cap

That's the point

There was no communication of the totally disproportionate penalty that would apply for what is, all told, a fairly minor infraction.
The coach can't go around saying "and if you don't do it I'll send you home." After every instruction he gives.

According to management theory he can't even mention the penalty for non compliance for important tasks as otherwise his less important tasks that he doesn't mention a penalty for, that are still non optional, will be ignored. Furthermore going around issuing instructions and saying "do this or else" in any circumstance is not recommended as it alienates people. You can argue that the coach has alienated more people by punishing people without a warning. But he would simply lose control of the team and people would escalate complaints about him if he used "or else" statements even it was only every now and again and certainly if it was a habit.

social

Selecting a better bowler makes the tail ridiculously long

Anyway, wont matter unless Starc or Siddle step up and take a shedload of wickets

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
If I was Patto I wouldn't fill out the daily medical sheets either. 1 mention of the word sore and he's on juice box carrying duty.

howardj

International Coach

Yes mate, Pattinson (a young player with the world at his feet) is going to come out reading a prepared statement saying you're all a bunch of ****s

Anyway, for the record, what did one of the other players (i.e. Watson) say about the punishment?

Spikey

What's stunning is that you follow Ken Sutcliffe #followseveryone
****ing damien martyn follows him and ****ing cricinfo keep on sticking martyn's tweets on the home page

anyway, it's become clear the aus. dressing room needs to lift the culture slider #civ4jokes

social

So surprised to hear Patto say that

I fully expected him to say that the coach is a **** and the only thing he should have been asking me is whether I wanted my left or right foot massaged first

Spikey

The coach can't go around saying "and if you don't do it I'll send you home." After every instruction he gives.

According to management theory he can't even mention the penalty for non compliance for important tasks as otherwise his less important tasks that he doesn't mention a penalty for, that are still non optional, will be ignored. Furthermore going around issuing instructions and saying "do this or else" in any circumstance is not recommended as it alienates people. You can argue that the coach has alienated more people by punishing people without a warning. But he would simply lose control of the team and people would escalate complaints about him if he used "or else" statements even it was only every now and again and certainly if it was a habit.
hey we get it buddy you have a job big deal

benchmark00

James Pattinson, best young fast bowler in the world says it's fair enough, it was a valuable task, it's our fault. But let's listen to what howardj and social on cricket web think.

Please guys, tell us everything about it.

We're all dying to know what howardj and social think of it.