• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2012

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I didn't see the whole game, but I did see that Mahela was plumb in front against Umar Gul and the umpire made a terrible decision to not give him out, and with no DRS due to SL board lack of funding, it wasn't possible for it to be reviewed.
Ah fair enough, I did a quick search for appeal so missed that one as appeal wasn't mentioned. That said, seeing the score at the time, it is a bit of a misnomer to blame the umpire for everything.

Stand-in skipper Hafeez plots Pak Test comeback post Lanka ODI drubbing

Islamabad, June 22: Pakistan team''s stand-in captain Mohammad Hafeez is confident his young side will regroup after the one-day defeats to challenge Sri Lanka in the Test series scheduled to start on Friday.

Hafeez, 31, was substituted as the captain after regular captain Misbah-ul Haq was banned from the first Test in Galle due to Pakistan''s slow over-rate in the final one-dayer in Colombo on Monday, reports The Nation.

Misbah was penalised for his team falling three overs short, which International Cricket Council match referee Chris Broad said was a "serious over-rate offence" in one-day internationals.

Hafeez, who was made his country''s Twenty20 skipper ahead of the current tour, has played only 26 Tests and never captained Pakistan before in the five-day format. But the all-rounder brushed aside the 3-1 loss in the one-dayers, saying Pakistan were determined to do their best in the three Tests.

"Misbah''s calm influence will be missed, but it is a great honour to lead my country in Test cricket and I am ready for the challenge. Test cricket demands discipline. Everyone plays a role in it, not just the captain. We will be inspired by the good work we have done in the longer format over the past few years," Hafeez said.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not too worried about the score tbh. Seems like a typical flat track so we'll probably make a good score as well.
Galle is never a flat track, if there is no rain delays this is a result venue.
Quite right Lostman. 19 Tests so far at Galle, with only 4 draws. 2 of those draws were because of rain, and one ended with SL needing only one wicket to win. I'm not so sure what Agent Nationaux meant by "a typical flat track" though.

We can see the ball gripping and spinning already. But admittedly this track has far less bite when compared with tracks prepared for AUS and ENG.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Ah fair enough, I did a quick search for appeal so missed that one as appeal wasn't mentioned. That said, seeing the score at the time, it is a bit of a misnomer to blame the umpire for everything.
going overboard as usual. When did anyone blame bad umpiring for EVERYTHING

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Quite right Lostman. 19 Tests so far at Galle, with only 4 draws. 2 of those draws were because of rain, and one ended with SL needing only one wicket to win. I'm not so sure what Agent Nationaux meant by "a typical flat track" though.

We can see the ball gripping and spinning already. But admittedly this track has far less bite when compared with tracks prepared for AUS and ENG.
I didn't watch the match, so I thought with the score and all, that it was a flat track.

Jacknife

International Captain
my comment only implies that bad umpiring made the day worse....what else does it say?
Never said it said anything else did I and like I have already just explained when I read you're comment, I wondered exactly how many mistakes the umpires had made today because it suggested to me that there was a few, that's it.

smash84

The Tiger King
Never said it said anything else did I and like I have already just explained when I read you're comment, I wondered exactly how many mistakes the umpires had made today because it suggested to me that there was a few, that's it.
Fair enough

I do think there was more than one mistake though.,....

on the state of the match......Pak seem well and truly ****ed

smash84

The Tiger King
btw I have only been following the match on cricinfo.....

is the pitch good for batting or SL have batted exceptionally well?

Apparently it has started raining as well

Spark

Global Moderator
It's good for batting, but it's already starting to turn a fair way. Not gonna be fun to bat on later.