• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2012

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
That's how you deal with Ajmal and Rehman! I think the turn is slower in Sri Lanka than the UAE and so they were less effective but superb innings from Sangakkara, he really looked in complete control once he got through the first few overs. Sangakkara should take tips off Jayawardene how to play against England, Jayawardene can take tips off Sangakkara on how to play against Pakistan.

Lostman

State Captain
SL need to find away to get Chandimal in the test side and Paranavithana out of it.
Sanga might as well open since he has a lot of practice at it.

Migara

International Coach
SL need to find away to get Chandimal in the test side and Paranavithana out of it.
Sanga might as well open since he has a lot of practice at it.
Let Mathews open. That will stop the brainfarts he get when he plays with the tail.

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
Let Mathews open. That will stop the brainfarts he get when he plays with the tail.
Yes definitely they should do this, Mathews plays spin with hard hands and even if he has done well at 6, I think he could do better as an opener. More importantly, Chandimal gets a run in the side, which is important as he is the future.

Whenever Prasanna Jayawardene retires will Chandimal be able to play as a keeper bat for tests?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
doesn't lack for pathetic umpiring of course
Not having seen the game, but having scrolled though the cricinfo commentary there doesn't seem to be any indications of bad umpiring based on what they saw - what events exactly are you talking about?

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
Not having seen the game, but having scrolled though the cricinfo commentary there doesn't seem to be any indications of bad umpiring based on what they saw - what events exactly are you talking about?
I didn't see the whole game, but I did see that Mahela was plumb in front against Umar Gul and the umpire made a terrible decision to not give him out, and with no DRS due to SL board lack of funding, it wasn't possible for it to be reviewed.