• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
You can't exactly start day 3 with completely changed playing conditions to the previous days - If Bravo gets given LBW when he's nicked it and can't review, the crowd (not to mention WW) would be pretty pissed (and rightfully so), or if someone smashes it through to Wade and it isn't given, the Australian players would also, rightfully, be quite annoyed.

Obvs a conspiracy to screw over the West Indies though..
Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear. I was taking a shot at the WICB/ground staff/whoever, Australia have every right to refuse to play.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear. I was taking a shot at the WICB/ground staff/whoever, Australia have every right to refuse to play.
Fair enough - although obviously the Australians will be villains in the media, despite it making perfect sense for them to want to wait :p

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Lyon carrying an injury, because there is no body in his action at all, it seems to me?

jan

State Vice-Captain
reading cricinfo this made me laugh: 9.50am Umpire says "play". Beer to Bravo.
Only in cricket an umpire orders you a beer :)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
it was the match ref who didn't let them play ftr
That's not the story I got from Cricinfo:
Cricinfo Commentary said:
We are still waiting for power to be restored. I am being led to believe by Line and Length radio that when Australia were told there would be no reviews available, they refused to play, and the umpires had no choice but to walk off.
Well screw them then. The match referee acted in the correct way, IMO.

Spikey

That's what Sky said, after first reporting it was Aus

Is Lyon carrying an injury, because there is no body in his action at all, it seems to me?
Spark mentioned it. It could be injury, he could just be all pooped out 'cause he ain't use to bowling this much.

Burgey

9.30am There is a serious power problem there at QPO, so there will be no DRS until it is restored. In fact the players are walking off. Fazeer Mohammed is letting rip on radio: "This is ludicrous. What message are you sending to the crowd that has turned up?" And it is believed that the players are going off just because of the absence of DRS while power is restored

C'mon guys, seriously...

It's the 2007 WC all over again :(
Fazal is kidding himself worrying about the crowd. There's about 500 people there and I'd say 250 of them are Aussies on piss up tours.

Burgey

Honestly, for those old enough to remember, before cheer leading commentary became the norm, there was always Tony Cozier.

Spikey

Bracken picking that the ball hit the pad will probably be the high mark of his commentary career

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm I don't really get the point of it though. Bowling is only going to get better for someone like Beer and worse for the seamers, so why waste the new ball on him? Reckon we could have got at least as many wickets opening with Hilf/Patto anyway...conditions were really pretty good for swing bowling.
Tbf, with the new ball the spinner will get a lot of bounce and variation from the seam. England's struggles against the turning ball recently have mainly been with the newish ball. I wonder if the fact that most of the English batsmen rarely face spin with a new ball was a factor in their downfall.