• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if you asked me to describe beer's performance this morning i wouldn't be able to give you an answer. good or bad. just nothing sticking in the mind. how has beer performed this morning guys?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well your Sehwag may be over the hill but Gayle is still very much a force thank you very much!!! :laugh: , he's a proven test player and in his last series he scored 330 vs Sri-lanka, so forgive me for thinking he'd add something to the current team right now.
Prior to that knock, you wanted him dropped from the side forever as in your words Windies had new young guns like Brathwaite to take over and dominate world cricket.

Before you got a bee in your bonnet about Sammy you use to always harp on about how crap Gayle was. What's changed? Gayle's heroics in poxy 20/20 or Brathwaite being found out?

This is Chinese torture from these two. There is a method to Chanderpaul's madness but Deonarine hasn't got form for batting time, so he needs to do something now (score some runs) before he gets that ball with his name on it from the spinner or before the new ball arrives and he is quickly cleaned up.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah did you not see the England batting?

I should think this play is engrossing shouldn't I? but the word I am looking for is boring.
Standard of cricket has been poor but perversely watchable. Maybe as it’s a good time for me I don't mind investing a few hours watching both sides crawl.

That's better from Deonarine.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well guys, that was a.................session of cricket. yep. no denying it. you can't deny it. a session of cricket just happened

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Prior to that knock, you wanted him dropped from the side forever as in your words Windies had new young guns like Brathwaite to take over and dominate world cricket.

Before you got a bee in your bonnet about Sammy you use to always harp on about how crap Gayle was. What's changed? Gayle's heroics in poxy 20/20 or Brathwaite being found out?

This is Chinese torture from these two. There is a method to Chanderpaul's madness but Deonarine hasn't got form for batting time, so he needs to do something now (score some runs) before he gets that ball with his name on it from the spinner or before the new ball arrives and he is quickly cleaned up.
Erm i only wanted him dropped after he become Bollingers bunny in the last Aus series!!.. 8-) , and that was more to do with him looking like he couldn't be bothered, but since then like i mentioned done well in SL and i was ok with him, we get him back now he'd add some experience at the top and btw i'd actually partner him with BRATHWAITE, i think they'd work well together as Kraigg knows how to stay at the wicket and Gayle could just blaze away.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
And btw TTboy Deo's highest score of 82 in tests came AGAINST australia and it was a long innings, so the guy does know how to bat long when he wants to, infact that's what he does best in domestic cricket.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
And btw TTboy Deo's highest score of 82 in tests came AGAINST australia and it was a long innings, so the guy does know how to bat long when he wants to, infact that's what he does best in domestic cricket.
Bat a long time but not score domestic hundreds?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Erm i only wanted him dropped after he become Bollingers bunny in the last Aus series!!.. 8-) , and that was more to do with him looking like he couldn't be bothered, but since then like i mentioned done well in SL and i was ok with him, we get him back now he'd add some experience at the top and btw i'd actually partner him with BRATHWAITE, i think they'd work well together as Kraigg knows how to stay at the wicket and Gayle could just blaze away.
Couldn't be bothered but scored how many runs that series? Scored a 70 ball ton if I recall at Perth and a hundred at Adelaide.