• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well what can i say? yet again after we had Australia on the ropes and got the early wickey yesterday we let them off the hook and let Hussey and Pattinson build a partnership!!!..so typical 8-) , thank god Roach got the job done in the end, Shilly also done well and Deo looks a better bowler than Samuels which is a huge bonus to us right now,

Now let me speak about certain players, Fidel Edwards is such a waste of space it's unbelievable, he's been absolute garbage for the last four tests and how he's still in the side is beyond me, unless he does something out of this world in the next innings he has to be dropped for the next game, it's as simple as that, then we have the "captain" himself Darren Sammy, is this guy for real? :@ he claims he's the "workhorse" of the bowling attack and yet in the last test Deonarine bowled more than him and yesterday is was the same again, WHAT EXACTLY HE IS DOING IN THIS TEAM?

We all know his position place in the team has been a joke from the start but at least he was capable of getting a few wickets here and there, but even that seems to be fading now, last but not least there is Carlton Baugh, i think the hype got to his head, his glovework was brilliant in the first game but just when we needed him he lets Hussey off the hook twice and his whole game went to pot, it's just crazy,

Australia are on top but if Shiv and Darren build a partnership then i think things could get interesting, one thing is for sure though going into a test without several of your best players is gonna hurt any team, let me list the players that are missing in this test..

Gayle (best opener)
Kirk Edwards (averages over 50)
Rampaul (best pacer last year)
Narine (by far our best spinner)
Ramdin (best wicket-keeper imo)
Samuels

All of them would be in the team today but for injury and the IPL (only Samuels's position wouldn't be certain due to Deonarine's recent form)

Then we have a few others who could have played

Taylor (injured)
Pollard (possibly could have made his debut if he didn't go to the IPL)

Tha's EIGHT potential first team players, i can't think of many teams who could survive with such a long list of absentees.

P.S. A claim on WI forums is no team has actually won a test match at Queens Park Oval with spinners dominating on the 4th and 5th day, it's usually the pacers who have got the job done, even the likes of Murali and Swann wasn't effective apparently, so it's gonna be interesting to see how effective Beer and Lyon our when we bat last... :D .

Last edited:

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Kind of off-topic, but does anybody know what the deal with Sarwan is? I saw he is playing in England, did he get dropped on form?

Would have thought a player of his class would be in the team. Oh well.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Kind of off-topic, but does anybody know what the deal with Sarwan is? I saw he is playing in England, did he get dropped on form?

Would have thought a player of his class would be in the team. Oh well.
He failed in the home series we had against Pakistan and India last year, could barely hit more than 20 runs, then he got injured just when he was due to get called up for the ODi series vs Bangledash in November, after that he went quiet for a while and then the next thing we heard was he had a big dispute with the Guyana board (about his fitness) which lead to him threatening to retire from domestic cricket, he finally came back for Guyana in the last few games of the four day competition but his form was still bad, never even got a 50, now he's in county cricket, personally unless he performs miracles i can't see him playing for WI again.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not great captaincy if you consider the last time out Windies were 3 down for nothing in the space of 26 balls against the quicks. Here the breakthrough again was made by a quick and it took over 12 overs before the spinner struck. It was hardly a Hafeez moment.

Barath and Brathwaite are the pits. Brathwaite may come good but he looks rank awful out there while Barath has regressed alarmingly.

uvelocity

International Coach
got to say I'm outraged with 3/**** all. With IPL, injury and general death we are missing at least nine greats of the game, such as Bradman and up to eight others. No doubt we would have sealed the very first day one victory in tests had we had all players who have ever played or may yet play available and fit. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WindieWeathers

International Regular
got to say I'm outraged with 3/**** all. With IPL, injury and general death we are missing at least nine greats of the game, such as Bradman and up to eight others. No doubt we would have sealed the very first day one victory in tests had we had all players who have ever played or may yet play available and fit. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
You can try and be sarcastic but the facts don't lie!!!.. :blink: , we're missing top stars and you're pretty much playing half of our reserve team, but hey if you want to act like you're facing Windies 1980 then be my guest!! :laugh: .

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
I think it would be fair to say this isn't the strongest Australian team ever fielded either. Have heard a few times now about all the guys you are missing, yet I fail to see anything that would suggest it would change the result. I think you got your hopes up a bit too much somehow.

Spark

Global Moderator
:laugh:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I think it would be fair to say this isn't the strongest Australian team ever fielded either. Have heard a few times now about all the guys you are missing, yet I fail to see anything that would suggest it would change the result. I think you got your hopes up a bit too much somehow.
Erm there's a big difference between saying "this isn't the best team Australia have had" and MISSING YOUR BEST PLAYERS!!!.. :unsure: , for example if you said "well Siddle isn't doing well and i wish Cummins was playing" i wouldn't have a problem with that because he's obviously one of your best bowlers, the same goes for us..let me go down the list again because maybe you missed it..

Gayle
Kirk Edwards
Narine
Ramdin
Samuels
Rampaul
Taylor

All of them would be playing today and only a novice would suggest that they wouldn't have a massive impact on the game 8-) , we could also name Dwayne Bravo, Pollard and Russell aswell, even Clark admitted after the first test that they didn't face WI's strongest team.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, Rampaul has been over-looked, and Taylor probably would have been too, and Samuels is ****, and Ramdin or Baugh is like turd sandwich v giant douche. So we're down to 3. And yeah it sucks those guys are out.

So we're done here. for our next topic of discussion I suggest we kick start a stupid nationalist stats war between Beer and Shillingford.

Burgey

Well what can i say? yet again after we had Australia on the ropes and got the early wickey yesterday we let them off the hook and let Hussey and Pattinson build a partnership!!!..so typical 8-) , thank god Roach got the job done in the end, Shilly also done well and Deo looks a better bowler than Samuels which is a huge bonus to us right now,

Now let me speak about certain players, Fidel Edwards is such a waste of space it's unbelievable, he's been absolute garbage for the last four tests and how he's still in the side is beyond me, unless he does something out of this world in the next innings he has to be dropped for the next game, it's as simple as that, then we have the "captain" himself Darren Sammy, is this guy for real? :@ he claims he's the "workhorse" of the bowling attack and yet in the last test Deonarine bowled more than him and yesterday is was the same again, WHAT EXACTLY HE IS DOING IN THIS TEAM?

We all know his position place in the team has been a joke from the start but at least he was capable of getting a few wickets here and there, but even that seems to be fading now, last but not least there is Carlton Baugh, i think the hype got to his head, his glovework was brilliant in the first game but just when we needed him he lets Hussey off the hook twice and his whole game went to pot, it's just crazy,

Australia are on top but if Shiv and Darren build a partnership then i think things could get interesting, one thing is for sure though going into a test without several of your best players is gonna hurt any team, let me list the players that are missing in this test..

Gayle (best opener)
Samuels

All of them would be in the team today but for injury and the IPL (only Samuels's position wouldn't be certain due to Deonarine's recent form)

Then we have a few others who could have played

Taylor (injured)
Pollard (possibly could have made his debut if he didn't go to the IPL)

Tha's EIGHT potential first team players, i can't think of many teams who could survive with such a long list of absentees.

P.S. A claim on WI forums is no team has actually won a test match at Queens Park Oval with spinners dominating on the 4th and 5th day, it's usually the pacers who have got the job done, even the likes of Murali and Swann wasn't effective apparently, so it's gonna be interesting to see how effective Beer and Lyon our when we bat last... :D .
Why are you assuming it'll go into days four and five?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well, Rampaul has been over-looked, and Taylor probably would have been too, and Samuels is ****, and Ramdin or Baugh is like turd sandwich v giant douche. So we're down to 3. And yeah it sucks those guys are out.

So we're done here. for our next topic of discussion I suggest we kick start a stupid nationalist stats war between Beer and Shillingford.
Rampaul hasn't been over-looked, he's just not fit enough to play, and considering he was our best bowler by a mile last year i can assure you if he was fit he would be playing, Ramdin's form of late has also been very good, summed up by the 90 odd he got against India in December, put those five in the team and i think we see a very different game.

Howsie

International Captain
Erm there's a big difference between saying "this isn't the best team Australia have had" and MISSING YOUR BEST PLAYERS!!!.. :unsure: , for example if you said "well Siddle isn't doing well and i wish Cummins was playing" i wouldn't have a problem with that because he's obviously one of your best bowlers, the same goes for us..let me go down the list again because maybe you missed it..

Gayle
Kirk Edwards
Narine
Ramdin
Samuels
Rampaul
Taylor

All of them would be playing today and only a novice would suggest that they wouldn't have a massive impact on the game 8-) , we could also name Dwayne Bravo, Pollard and Russell aswell, even Clark admitted after the first test that they didn't face WI's strongest team.
Yep, Samuels and Ramdin would probably make this already ****house Windies team even worse.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You can try and be sarcastic but the facts don't lie!!!.. :blink: , we're missing top stars and you're pretty much playing half of our reserve team, but hey if you want to act like you're facing Windies 1980 then be my guest!! :laugh: .
Yet you mention...

Gayle (best opener)
Samuels

None of the above are great or even very good test cricketers. Likes of Ramdin and Samuels are in fact awful while Kirk Edwards will average sub 40 soon enough.

Burgey

Can we have Harris, Siddle and Cummins then too? Seeing as we want everyone there? Maybe a focused and not emotionally devastated Haddin too?