• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

WindieWeathers

International Regular
your irksomeness is only exceeded by your delusion WW
No "deluded" would be speaking things that aren't true, everything i've said is TRUE though!! 8-) , i know you wanna feel like your team is heading back to the top again but beating a second string WI team won't be winning you back the ashes i'm afraid... :D ,

smash84

The Tiger King
Well what can i say? yet again after we had Australia on the ropes and got the early wickey yesterday we let them off the hook and let Hussey and Pattinson build a partnership!!!..so typical 8-) , thank god Roach got the job done in the end, Shilly also done well and Deo looks a better bowler than Samuels which is a huge bonus to us right now,

Now let me speak about certain players, Fidel Edwards is such a waste of space it's unbelievable, he's been absolute garbage for the last four tests and how he's still in the side is beyond me, unless he does something out of this world in the next innings he has to be dropped for the next game, it's as simple as that, then we have the "captain" himself Darren Sammy, is this guy for real? :@ he claims he's the "workhorse" of the bowling attack and yet in the last test Deonarine bowled more than him and yesterday is was the same again, WHAT EXACTLY HE IS DOING IN THIS TEAM?

We all know his position place in the team has been a joke from the start but at least he was capable of getting a few wickets here and there, but even that seems to be fading now, last but not least there is Carlton Baugh, i think the hype got to his head, his glovework was brilliant in the first game but just when we needed him he lets Hussey off the hook twice and his whole game went to pot, it's just crazy,

Australia are on top but if Shiv and Darren build a partnership then i think things could get interesting, one thing is for sure though going into a test without several of your best players is gonna hurt any team, let me list the players that are missing in this test..

Gayle (best opener)
Kirk Edwards (averages over 50)
Rampaul (best pacer last year)
Narine (by far our best spinner)
Ramdin (best wicket-keeper imo)
Samuels

All of them would be in the team today but for injury and the IPL (only Samuels's position wouldn't be certain due to Deonarine's recent form)

Then we have a few others who could have played

Taylor (injured)
Pollard (possibly could have made his debut if he didn't go to the IPL)

Tha's EIGHT potential first team players, i can't think of many teams who could survive with such a long list of absentees.

P.S. A claim on WI forums is no team has actually won a test match at Queens Park Oval with spinners dominating on the 4th and 5th day, it's usually the pacers who have got the job done, even the likes of Murali and Swann wasn't effective apparently, so it's gonna be interesting to see how effective Beer and Lyon our when we bat last... :D .
haha.....dude I like your optimism.......although I do get the feeling that WI with their full strength team probably would do worse than this team (due to infighting and stuff)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Pinning your hopes on Gayle is like pinning your hopes on Sehwag. Only a clueless fool does either.
Well your Sehwag may be over the hill but Gayle is still very much a force thank you very much!!! :laugh: , he's a proven test player and in his last series he scored 330 vs Sri-lanka, so forgive me for thinking he'd add something to the current team right now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I do like how players who've never even played a Test are now guaranteed first teamers that count as missing.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I have to say, for the last few series I've bit worried about our tail (especially without a Johnson or Hauritz at 8), but I am starting to get a lot of faith in these guys. Not sure what Beer is like with the bat, but Siddle, Harris and Pattinson have all proven that they are more than capable, Hilf too.

All things considered Lyon impresses me most with the bat. Not because he's better than the aforementioned guys, but because he seems to have a really good temperament about him that he's not going to get out doing something stupid. Certainly leaps and bounds better than the cliche of 'genune number 11'.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a bit of a promotion, but with Siddle/Harris/Patto in the team I can't see him getting much higher than 10. Assuming his bowling comes good and he stays in the team a while, I can see him being involved in a LOT of stubborn tail partnerships over the next few years.

Stapel

International Regular
I can come a long way with WW!

Missing some of your best players due to fitness or IPL will always hurt WI more than most other teams. Let's, for arguement's sake, assume the best WI XI are at the same level as any nation's best XI. The 2nd XI will always be worse. There are simply fewer cricketers as there are fewer people! How many West Indians are there? Five million or so?

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
9.30am There is a serious power problem there at QPO, so there will be no DRS until it is restored. In fact the players are walking off. Fazeer Mohammed is letting rip on radio: "This is ludicrous. What message are you sending to the crowd that has turned up?" And it is believed that the players are going off just because of the absence of DRS while power is restored

C'mon guys, seriously...

It's the 2007 WC all over again :(

ajdude

International Coach
it's fair enough imo, if the playing conditions aren't going to be consistent throughout the match then **** da haterz

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
9.30am There is a serious power problem there at QPO, so there will be no DRS until it is restored. In fact the players are walking off. Fazeer Mohammed is letting rip on radio: "This is ludicrous. What message are you sending to the crowd that has turned up?" And it is believed that the players are going off just because of the absence of DRS while power is restored

C'mon guys, seriously...

It's the 2007 WC all over again :(
You can't exactly start day 3 with completely changed playing conditions to the previous days - If Bravo gets given LBW when he's nicked it and can't review, the crowd (not to mention WW) would be pretty pissed (and rightfully so), or if someone smashes it through to Wade and it isn't given, the Australian players would also, rightfully, be quite annoyed.

Obvs a conspiracy to screw over the West Indies though..

Last edited: