• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Lee would be an automatic choice as the token overseas pacer, but he's rather poor in T20. He's gone wicketless too often in T20s, and it's shown- he's played more matches than he has taken wickets. Rather poor strike rate. May be a better option to gamble with Pattinson. Either of them is as much a gamble as that in-form domestic Indian pacer.
It is sad to see Brett Lee reduced to bowling 135kph, but was always inevitable sooner-or-later, I guess.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lee's figures get damaged by his death bowling. God knows why teams use him at the death. So it's hard to really judge him by his stats because if you bowl 2 at the start and 2 at the end then the death bowling makes up a large chunk.

That effort from Piyush Chawla was truly epic by the way.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith's hit more sixes in the last 6 balls he's faced than in pretty much his entire T20 career

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I rate Dinda, He has not done well for India but I genuinely rate him. Started well, here.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Tuesday could be a quality day for watching some runs.

As far as I'm aware:

Gayle
AB De Villiers
Dilshan
Kohli
Kallis
McCullum
Pathan
Sehwag
Jayawardene
Pietersen
Dhoni
Raina.

are all potentially in action.

They might not all be the most effective T20 batsmen, but surely one of them will hit some quality runs?

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
The world's best ODI allrounder not playing for KKR....thats pathetic...KKR have got their team combination absolutely wrong and if they continue to be rigid in their team selection...they will be languishing at the bottom of the IPL table.
He is number one in Tests now as well,

ICC rankings: Shakib Al Hasan becomes No. 1 Test allrounder | Bangladesh Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo
Reliance ICC Player Rankings

Add to that he has been Man of the series in BPL and Asia Cup as well this year :ph34r:

What KKR is doing is incredible, he should be playing all the matches.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I can only imagine what those cheerleading bimbos have to put up with at the fence..some total sleazoids sit down there from one shot I saw over the weekend.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Some of these IPL team selections are just daft. How is Glenn Maxwell better than Andre Russell? How is out-of-form Cameron White or Daniel Harris better than JP Duminy? JP better play today or I'm gonna blow a gasket at the sheer idiocy.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Some of these IPL team selections are just daft. How is Glenn Maxwell better than Andre Russell?
Tbf, Russell's T20 records are just awful. Not that Maxwell's are better and I would definitely select Russell, but still to be considered.