• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja is a batting allrounder. Always has been. Just never been room to bat him in the top 6 (and when they did it was in a T20 too early in his career which pushed him back years)
Yup. Although he is a batting allrounder, Dhoni has always used him as a bowling allrounder and thinks of him as a bowling allrounder as well.

thewind

Cricket Spectator
Jadeja is a batting allrounder. Always has been. Just never been room to bat him in the top 6 (and when they did it was in a T20 too early in his career which pushed him back years)
If I was the India think tank, I would get him to really focus and further develop his batting with bowling a sure second suit. I know what you saying mate, I recall the T20 World Cup in England Jadeja was pushed back a few years after that and now we are seeing him again. With the talent he has he/they must get it right this time, I can see this dude in the future Indian test 11 middle order.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
#7 in India's ODI side has been a batsman's position for as long as I can remember anyway. I remember when Dravid used to keep wicket so Kaif could bat 7.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja has a FC 300. Drop Raina, bat him at 6. Bring in Pathan at 7.
Problem with dropping Raina is forcing the pace in the end overs of first innings. Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin and Irfan are not that dependable in forcing the pace while Raina always gets runs at a good pace (ie. when he gets runs :) )

thewind

Cricket Spectator
Yup. Although he is a batting allrounder, Dhoni has always used him as a bowling allrounder and thinks of him as a bowling allrounder as well.
I have to really question Dhoni's thinking there, You have to promote his Batting.

Sometimes I think Dhoni bowls Raina just to keep him in the team, because his batting is going bakwards.

Lovely shot by Ashwin!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jadeja has a FC 300. Drop Raina, bat him at 6. Bring in Pathan at 7.
Jadeja bowled fine in the match and has bowled really well in ODIs overall since his comeback (barring Game 1 against Australia which was more like a T20 anyway) and Raina has been very effective in ODIs throughout his career even in conditions that don't suit him much. Dhoni likes having the seven batsmen and making up the fifth bowler with a batting allrounder some part-timers; can't really argue with it much either.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If it wasn't for Raina we don't even make the WC final, he has been a good ODI player. Just ******** today.