• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They are playing Raina in Australia so he can actually get experience there.

Gambhir hasn't been dropped, he's rotating with Viru and Sachin.

uvelocity

International Coach
can't wait for patto to have another go at gammy

starc and patto opening = sudden urge for him to return home

thewind

Cricket Spectator
Click "Thread Tools" and select "Unsubscribe from this thread".

Also you wont get more mails if you dont visit the thread.
Thanks alot mate.

Just read your other post, for sure Raina should not be in the squad, dude I would say the way Raina's game is going he is going to become ONLY a t20 player and that the way its going will ONLY be in the Sub Continent!

His game has gone so backwards!

thewind

Cricket Spectator
can't wait for patto to have another go at gammy

starc and patto opening = sudden urge for him to return home
See the thing about Gambhir is he's a fighter, a gritty character who loves to give it back to the bowlers. I recall some innings when he has looked very edgy against the short stuff and he tends to fish on the off side, but he got stuck in and scored big runs, in fact he actaully always goes on to score big when he's having a good sledge and tussle with the bowlers, Raina on the other end will get tucked up a few times and abit of chin music and that's it he tries to hit out for 6 but gets out. He doesn't have the mettle. If he did he would at least demonstrate it in the nets against a bowling machine set at 140+ kph delivering short stuff.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pathetic decision to go in with an all out pace attack. Trying to be too smart and paying the price. We didn't bat well, ended up probably 20-25 runs shorter. And with that imbalanced bowling attack we were never going to win. Hopefully they rethink their strategies for the next game.

Sanga has to come good from now on otherwise we'll be royally ****ed on this tour.

ganeshran

International Debutant
They are playing Raina in Australia so he can actually get experience there.

Gambhir hasn't been dropped, he's rotating with Viru and Sachin.
Doesnt seem to have gotten better despite so much experience in playing on bouncy conditions.

He is a must in the subcontinent, but I am not so sure outside that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What's the harm in giving him this series I reckon.

If he failed the whole series then yep, it'd be an eye opener.

irfan

State Captain
Watched my first cricket match at the G on Sunday. Although it was quite a frustrating day from a cricketing perspective with long delays due to incessant rain of varying intensity, it was quite enjoyable to potter around the Swami Army section and take in the chilled out party vibe.

Few pics below (taken on a DSC-HX900V):