• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought Rahane looked pretty good in England, but if you've got no space at the top of the order then it's fair enough to leave him out. I suppose Gambhir is the backup opener, so they've gone for the extra middle order bat.

I'd have Yadav in the side over Irfan. Don't really see why he's suddenly become the answer again.
Yadav is a poor limited overs bowler in general. Until he improves there's no need for him to be playing ODIs.

Pathan is there because all Indians bar none love him to bits.

Burgey

Yadav is a poor limited overs bowler in general. Until he improves there's no need for him to be playing ODIs.

Pathan is there because all Indians bar none love him to bits.
Capable with the bat too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Rahane should be in the squad ahead of anyone there it should be Rahul Sharma. I just don't see the point in bringing over a third spinner; top order cover makes more sense.

DingDong

State Captain
is this the first time a team that played tests in the summer in australia havent been involved in the tri series?

uvelocity

International Coach
chappell hadlee has been seperate before.

funny thing is the only team who will win against us this season is the kiwis :laugh:

Migara

International Coach
Let's see what SL puts out as the squad. SL would have restricted SAF in 1st game to 3o runs lesser and would have even won the second if played some attacking spinners.

My Squad:
Batsmen: Tharanga, Dilshan, Sanga, Chandimal (wk), MJ (c), Warnapura, Mathews
Fast bowlers: Malinga, Prasad, Eranga, Lakmal, Perera
Spinners: Suraj Randiv, Sachithra Senanayake

SL is doomed in ODI game if there are no attacking spinners in the rank.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You seem to have ommitted all the India v Sri Lanka matches from your schedule.
If only the actual schedulers followed suit
:laugh:

Bet they wish they could tbh; crowds will be dire.
The schedulers are the ones who actually chose to bring back the tri-series though. Why would they want to can the India vs. SL matches when they have deliberately chosen to not play two separate ODI series anymore?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The schedulers are the ones who actually chose to bring back the tri-series though. Why would they want to can the India vs. SL matches when they have deliberately chosen to not play two separate ODI series anymore?
They've brought it back because they feel they'll get bigger crowds in the Australia matches if there's a final to play towards, especially in the final itself. Not because they like having neutral matches.

Daemon

I reckon Yadav is much worse at OD bowling than ever Siddle tbh. He's always looked a good Test prospect to me, even while bowling pies in ODIs, but he does bowl pies in ODIs.
He might have been referring to the Pathan part