• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1.Shane Watson
2.Shaun Marsh
3.Ricky Ponting
4.Michael Clarke
5.Michael Hussey
6.Matthew Wade+
7.Mitchell Marsh
8.Mitchell Johnson
9.Brett Lee
10.Xavier Doherty
11.Doug Bollinger
Rightly or wrongly, barring injury I bet you they'll start the series with Warner opening....Just can't see them leaving him on the sidelines

Spikey

1 Shane Watson
2 Matthew Wade
3.Ricky Ponting
4 Michael Clarke
5 Michael Hussey
6 Callum Ferguson
7 Dan Christian
8 Brett Lee
9 Pat Cummins
10 Xavier Doherty
11 Doug Bollinger/Mitch Starc/etc

aside from more or less being the best side anyway, that happens to allow Marsh, Warner, Lyon etc time in the shield

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
One thing to remember here is that the 3rd final for this series is 8th March and we then travel to West Indies for the tour there which starts with an ODI on 16th March. That is a long summer followed by a lengthy tour for the players in the test side, so I can see us rotating players quite heavily through this tri-series.

To that end I think all of the following players will show up in this series:
Watson, M Hussey, Clarke, Ponting, Ferguson, Tom Cooper (eligible?), Warner, S Marsh, M Marsh, Christian, Wade, Haddin, Harris, Starc, Alistair McDermott, Lee, Doherty

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, love the Aussie Tri-series.

It should just be Aus vs NZ vs Touring Team every second year, and have the Aus vs NZ matches double as Chappell-Hadlees, imo.

Anyhoo, the Aus vs India and Aus vs SL matches should be good. Not as good as a Aus vs NZ vs SA tri-series though.

Spikey

the wonderful thing about this tri series is that it makes the 3 ODers we played against SL before the Ashes even more bemusing

Spark

Global Moderator
1.Shane Watson
2.Shaun Marsh
3.Ricky Ponting
4.Michael Clarke
5.Michael Hussey
6.Matthew Wade+
7.Mitchell Marsh
8.Mitchell Johnson
9.Brett Lee
10.Xavier Doherty
11.Doug Bollinger
I know this is a side that won't happen but was anyone else struck by the column of M in this?

I honestly have half a mind to open with Ricky, tbh. Or Clarke himself.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking forward to seeing who we pick in the T20's. I hope they reward the strong performers in the Big Bash. So at this stage Travis Birt and Rob Quiney are two batsman you could get a game.

benchmark00

If Birt doesn't play in the t20's my pants will be off and I'll march down to Cricket Australia headquarters and violently thrust at everyone I see.

Everyone.

benchmark00

I know this is a side that won't happen but was anyone else struck by the column of M in this?
Yeah I noticed that too :laugh:
Only problem is, as you say, I doubt that team will take the park.
Unless ofcourse MJ makes a miracle recovery.
'Cause it's a long summer I can see how rotation, especially amongst are quick bowlers.
Really though, I reckon we go into the ODI's as favourites.
Even though the other two teams made the WC final.

Anyways, will will see decent crowds for the neutral matches?

Cricket Australia canned the tri series a few years ago because the neutrals weren't getting crowds.
Unless the reportedly large Indian and Sri Lankan community here come out and support, I'm not sure.
Nevertheless, I'm happy the series is back, always love watching the neutrals play, just a good tournament.
Time will tell if it lasts in the future.

Spikey

Yeah I noticed that too :laugh:
Only problem is, as you say, I doubt that team will take the park.
Unless ofcourse MJ makes a miracle recovery.
'Cause it's a long summer I can see how rotation, especially amongst are quick bowlers.
Really though, I reckon we go into the ODI's as favourites.
Even though the other two teams made the WC final.

Anyways, will will see decent crowds for the neutral matches?

Cricket Australia canned the tri series a few years ago because the neutrals weren't getting crowds.
Unless the reportedly large Indian and Sri Lankan community here come out and support, I'm not sure.
Nevertheless, I'm happy the series is back, always love watching the neutrals play, just a good tournament.
Time will tell if it lasts in the future.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I thought the tri series was only back because the 'neutral' games will still be popular on TV in India, even if they have poor crowds.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Soon as I saw it. Then immediately considered

M Cosgrove
M Klinger
M Clarke
M Hussey
M North
M Wade
M Henriques
M Marsh
M Johnson
M Starc
M Beer

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There's an Australia-England-India tri-series pencilled in for 2014/15, just before the World Cup.