• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Here's the schedule for the ****'s who NEED it on the first post. Included the T20's and didn't include the finals series as I'm not sure when they are.

Wed Feb 1
08:35 GMT | 19:35 local
16:35 WST | 19:05 CST | 19:35 EST 1st T20I - Australia v India
Stadium Australia, Sydney

Fri Feb 3
08:35 GMT | 19:35 local
16:35 WST | 19:05 CST | 19:35 EST 2nd T20I - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sun Feb 5
03:20 GMT | 14:20 local
03:20 GMT 1st Match - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Wed Feb 8
04:20 GMT | 12:20 local
04:20 GMT 2nd Match - India v Sri Lanka
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Fri Feb 10
04:20 GMT | 12:20 local
04:20 GMT 3rd Match - Australia v Sri Lanka
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Sun Feb 12
03:20 GMT | 13:50 local
03:20 GMT 4th Match - Australia v India
Adelaide Oval

Tue Feb 14
03:20 GMT 5th Match - India v Sri Lanka
Adelaide Oval

Fri Feb 17
03:20 GMT 6th Match - Australia v Sri Lanka
Sydney Cricket Ground

Sun Feb 19
03:20 GMT | 13:20 local
03:20 GMT 7th Match - Australia v India
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane

Tue Feb 21
03:20 GMT 8th Match - India v Sri Lanka

Fri Feb 24
03:20 GMT 9th Match - Australia v Sri Lanka
Bellerive Oval, Hobart

Sun Feb 26
03:20 GMT 10th Match - Australia v India
Sydney Cricket Ground

Tue Feb 28
03:20 GMT 11th Match - India v Sri Lanka
Bellerive Oval, Hobart

Fri Mar 2
03:20 GMT 12th Match - Australia v Sri Lanka
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sun Mar 4
03:20 GMT 1st Final - TBC v TBC

Tue Mar 6
03:20 GMT 2nd Final - TBC v TBC
Adelaide Oval

Thu Mar 8
03:20 GMT 3rd Final - TBC v TBC
Adelaide Oval

Last edited by a moderator:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who is everyone expecting to make Australia's ODI squad.

Just to help out, our XI in our previous ODI was: Watson, Warner, Ponting, Clarke, Marsh, Mussey, Haddin, Johnson, Cummins, Doherty, Bollinger.

I definitely want Haddin phased out of the ODI team pronto. Obviously hard to know with injuries what to do.

I would be going for this lineup.
1 Watson 2 Warner 3 Ponting 4 Clarke 5 Mussey 6 Wade 7 Mitch Marsh 8 Faulkner 9 Lee 10 Doherty 11 Bollinger.

If Watson isn't fit, Shaun Marsh comes in, with the possibility of Wade opening. Faulkner is a guy that I'm seriously impressed with, I would pick him. I'm not sure on the availability of Cummins or Pattinson when selecting this squad. I kind of like the idea of resting our Test attack for a fair portion of the ODI series.

Other squad members to go with my XI would be Shaun Marsh, Dan Christian and Mitchell Starc with Nathan Coulter-Nile a bolter.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If only the actual schedulers followed suit
:laugh:

Bet they wish they could tbh; crowds will be dire. Happy the tri-series is back anyway though; it's so much more interesting. I might not be a serious cricket fan if it wasn't for that famous tied tri-series between Australia, South Africa and New Zealand - that, along with Cricket 2002 for PS2 of all things - changed me from a casual observer of cricket to a proper fan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Pattinson plays most of the ODIs after Inverity stated that he was going to be rested from the third Test regardless of injury, I'll be pretty ****ing annoyed.

I also think Marsh is a much better OD batsman than Warner.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Pattinson plays most of the ODIs after Inverity stated that he was going to be rested from the third Test regardless of injury, I'll be pretty ****ing annoyed.

It's difficult though, do we only allow our young quicks to play in the one format?

Do we keep picking Ponting and Hussey in ODIs or do we phase them out and bring in the likes of a Ferguson or Quiney?

The all rounder battle is what I'm looking forward to seeing the most. Does anyone have anything for or against James Faulkner being selected?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Watto can't bowl I reckon they may go back to Hopes in the squad.

Hopefully our bowlers are managed properly during this series.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Watto can't bowl I reckon they may go back to Hopes in the squad.

Hopefully our bowlers are managed properly during this series.
Hopes? He seems way down the pecking order these days and is still currently injured, although he'll be back by then I would presume. It would be a massive step in the wrong direction to bring back the 33 year old after the last World Cup has finished, of course IMO.

Burgey

Hopes? He seems way down the pecking order these days and is still currently injured, although he'll be back by then I would presume. It would be a massive step in the wrong direction to bring back the 33 year old after the last World Cup has finished, of course IMO.
I agree, I can just see them going to him as a squad member if Watson's not there, as cover for Christian. Not that I'd do it, but I can see it happening.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh:

Bet they wish they could tbh; crowds will be dire. Happy the tri-series is back anyway though; it's so much more interesting. I might not be a serious cricket fan if it wasn't for that famous tied tri-series between Australia, South Africa and New Zealand - that, along with Cricket 2002 for PS2 of all things - changed me from a casual observer of cricket to a proper fan.
Yet another reason to hate ODIs :ph34r:

Nah, I'm kidding. A fan of the Aussie tri-series myself, in fact IMO it's more prestigious than the World Cup, or at least was back in 07 :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

I think Warner is a much better OD fielder than Marsh and the batting potentially up the top of the order is similar. I actually should have went for Ferguson as my backup ahead of Marsh who seems to get injured so often playing ODIs.

I agree, I can just see them going to him as a squad member if Watson's not there, as cover for Christian. Not that I'd do it, but I can see it happening.
Fair enough. Mitch Marsh's bowling has impressed me so far this season. I don't know if he can get through 10 overs a game all the time, which could pose a problem or two with the lineup I've selected if Watto can't bowl. It means some overs from Clarke or Mussey.

Sylvester

State Captain
I would be going for this lineup.
1 Watson 2 Warner 3 Ponting 4 Clarke 5 Mussey 6 Wade 7 Mitch Marsh 8 Faulkner 9 Lee 10 Doherty 11 Bollinger.

If Watson isn't fit, Shaun Marsh comes in, with the possibility of Wade opening. Faulkner is a guy that I'm seriously impressed with, I would pick him. I'm not sure on the availability of Cummins or Pattinson when selecting this squad. I kind of like the idea of resting our Test attack for a fair portion of the ODI series.

Other squad members to go with my XI would be Shaun Marsh, Dan Christian and Mitchell Starc with Nathan Coulter-Nile a bolter.
Looks about right to me. Will be interesting seeing how the selectors approach the sides as this will be the first time they really put their selection hats on.

Zinzan

Hmm, that's an interesting one. Based on their respective ODI records, that's a fair comment, but there's no reason at all Warner can't turn it around to be a very successful ODI opener, he seems to have all the right attributes. It certainly would be bizarre if he continues to makes it as a Test & T20's batsmen, but not an ODI' one.

Then again wasn't Michael Slater a classic example of an attacking batsmen in Test cricket with all the shots who couldn't seem to make it in the one day game?

Zinzan

On the series itself, it's really hard to pick. I can't help think India might have the most to play for, particularly if they do get white-washed in the Test series. I''ll go with a Inidan/Australia final, but will probably be cheering for SL as I tend to do when they tour Oz.

Mike5181

International Captain
1.Shane Watson
2.Shaun Marsh
3.Ricky Ponting
4.Michael Clarke
5.Michael Hussey
6.Matthew Wade+
7.Mitchell Marsh
8.Mitchell Johnson
9.Brett Lee
10.Xavier Doherty
11.Doug Bollinger

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1.Shane Watson
2.Shaun Marsh
3.Ricky Ponting
4.Michael Clarke
5.Michael Hussey
6.Matthew Wade+
7.Mitchell Marsh
8.Mitchell Johnson
9.Brett Lee
10.Xavier Doherty
11.Doug Bollinger
Johnson won't be fit for this series; he's out for ages.