• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone want to have a go at the Indian and Sri Lanka likely lineups? Hopefully Sri Lanka improve a little in the current series vs. South Africa..

Also, does anyone think that we might already start building towards the next World Cup and will drop or force to retire any of Ponting, Hussey, Haddin and Lee?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lee ain't going yet. A) He puts bums on seats B) Everyone else is injured C) Better he get injured in an ODer than Cummins

Ponting and Hussey won't get dropped. Haddin might.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't see why we have to build for the next WC yet tbh. Rotations/injuries should see plenty of young players get a go, just pick normally.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I tend to agree. Just seeing what other Cricket fans think. I definitely want to see some of the older guys who play Test Cricket especially given a game or two out of the team though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Good news that Yuvraj is saying he is fit. Not sure if he'd be picked straightaway without playing any cricket though.

Would be interesting if Sachin plays this series too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sensible decision. Just saw a interview with him yesterday where he was saying he was fit to play now.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Indian squad announced -

MS Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Virendra Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandra Ashwin, Praveen Kumar, Irfan Pathan, Umesh Yadav, Vinay Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Parthiv Patel, Rahul Sharma, Manoj Tiwary.

Incredibly harsh on Rahane. Tiwary picked ahead of him based on his century against WI and domestic form, when Rahane himself couldn't play domestic cricket himself as he was touring in Australia.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The bloke scored a ton in India's last ODI. I think it's fair to say he deserves to be in the ODI squad. Conversely Rahane got a golden globe in that match.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The bloke scored a ton in India's last ODI. I think it's fair to say he deserves to be in the ODI squad. Conversely Rahane got a golden globe in that match.
Hmm... But i see it as Rahane being the incumbent and not really doing anything to be deserved from the squad altogether. And in anycase Rahane >> Tiwary, IMO.

Also having Rahne would have given another possible opening option and meant the selectors could have finally axed Parthiv from ODI's and possibly given someone like Naman Ojha a run as backup atleast. Seriously, Parthiv has to be related to some selector?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hmm... But i see it as Rahane being the incumbent and not really doing anything to be deserved from the squad altogether. And in anycase Rahane >> Tiwary, IMO.

Also having Rahne would have given another possible opening option and meant the selectors could have finally axed Parthiv from ODI's and possibly given someone like Naman Ojha a run as backup atleast. Seriously, Parthiv has to be related to some selector?
Rahane's hardly the incumbent when he only played 1 match in the series vs West Indies and hasn't really done a great deal since he's made his debut.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian squad announced -

MS Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Virendra Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandra Ashwin, Praveen Kumar, Irfan Pathan, Umesh Yadav, Vinay Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Parthiv Patel, Rahul Sharma, Manoj Tiwary.

Incredibly harsh on Rahane. Tiwary picked ahead of him based on his century against WI and domestic form, when Rahane himself couldn't play domestic cricket himself as he was touring in Australia.
Why is Vinay Kumar being picked? What happened to Aaron? Aaron definitely needs to be played in ODI's. And Parthiv Patel again wtf? Rahane a touch unlucky as well. But I guess it's kinda hard to find space for him with our top three all playing for the first time since the WC.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thought Rahane looked pretty good in England, but if you've got no space at the top of the order then it's fair enough to leave him out. I suppose Gambhir is the backup opener, so they've gone for the extra middle order bat.

I'd have Yadav in the side over Irfan. Don't really see why he's suddenly become the answer again.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Aaron is still injured.
Ah fair enough then. My XI would be this for the series:

Tendulkar
Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Rohit Sharma
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
Praveen
Zaheer
Irfan / Yadav (if Irfan is played then obvs he bats higher in the order).

Really loving the balance Jadeja adds to the ODI line up, as long as he keeps bowling decently he deserves to stay in the side. If Irfan can find form again it'd be hella sweet.

Our test surrender was perhaps a bit unexpected, although understandable. But if we do bad in the tri-series we have some serious issues. Expecting us to with this thing.